The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The ICT Assistant provides support in day to day implementation of the ICT functions/responsibilities and ensures the stable and smooth daily functioning of ICT equipment/systems under supervision of ICT Officer. ICT Assistant is based in Kramatorsk and reports to ICT Officer.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
ICT Systems support 75%:
- In coordination with ICT Officer support the DAI staff usage of ICT and office equipment. Provide assistance to local employees in ICT support on a daily basis upon request; Assist with the timely updates of all software installed on ICT equipment.
- Allow for smooth and stable work of ICT equipment (laptops, desktops, printers, network equipment, etc.). Solve hardware and software problems in the shortest terms possible;
- Provide support in stable and smooth functioning of networks, both LAN (wired and WiFi) and Internet connections, in office and other locations;
- Assist in maintaining accurate ICT registries: registry of ICT assets, license registry, etc. Keep all the information up to date (license keys, license expiration, etc.). Inform in advance the line manager about the expiration of licenses, ensure the timely procurement request for the new licenses;
- Assist in proper and efficient usage/storage of ICT and office equipment in line with Security regulations and DAI HO IT policy. Implement and follow the ICT access rules, including the storage access level, passwords for personal PCs, regular password changes, encryption of most important data, etc.;
- Ensure the correct maintenance of ICT and office equipment, both guarantee and post-guarantee. Liaise and coordinate in a timely manner the maintenance and repair issues with the relevant suppliers/manufacturers/service providers.
- In coordination with ICT Officer implement and support the backup system for the DAI data. Ensure the regular backups for all required data, proper backup accounting and storage, in line with DAI HO IT policies;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the ICT Officer or Logistics and Administration Coordinator;
ERA’s website support 25%:
- Provide support to ERA’s website on a weekly basis;
- Publication of materials on the company project;
- Minimal site administration and control over the operation of the site;
- contributes to preparing the ERA weekly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- provide inputs to the reports to the Activity beneficiaries (Luhansk and Donetsk oblast state administrations);
- performs other duties as requested by the ERA management.
- BA diploma in Computer Sciences, IT technologies or equivalent.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack;
- Experience with mail systems (MS Exchange) and web servers (IIS, Apache) is a plus;
- Experience with scripting languages (Windows/DOS batch) is a plus;
- Working experience with MS SharePoint is a plus;
- Knowledge of server maintenance is a plus;
- Good written and spoken English;
- Experience working in ICT Support in a humanitarian/recovery context is a plus;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Skills in finding and solving problems;
- Responsibility, independence, attentiveness, ability to handle stress, diligence.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kramatorsk
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: August 2021
- All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected], please mention in the subject ICT Assistant, Kramatorsк
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: August 08, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine.