Competitive Economy Program
Intern Opportunities for Students
Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks the Interns for the USAID-funded Competitive Economy Program in Ukraine (CEP). This five-year program will encourage startup businesses and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), increase domestic market competition, and support the competitiveness of Ukrainian firms in international markets. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Position Title: Intern (paid)
Starting date: April-May, 2021
Working hours: full time or part time
Duration: 3 months
USAID CEP announces multiple intern opportunities in the following fields:
- Emerging Industries
- Export Promotion
- International Trade
- Grants Activity
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of technical presentations and reports, working papers, and other CEP deliverables under the direction of an internship supervisor;
- Provide meetings support: prepare agendas, take and distribute meeting notes, and follow up on actions;
- Assist in drafting CEP work plans and updating Program trackers;
- Support Program component leads with day-to-day tasks;
- Maintain shared folders with Program documentation;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program staff.
The opportunities are aimed at helping the interns to:
- Gain a real-world work experience related to their field of study and future employment;
- Develop practical skills and build research capacity in their respective fields;
- Gain experience of working in a well-known and established international organization and multicultural team(s);
- Be exposed to the project(s) of international development services in Ukraine.
- Applicants should be working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the fields of law, economics, finance, business administration, marketing, international relations, political science, social sciences, journalism, media studies or a related area acceptable to CEP; copy of bachelor’s diploma and / or university study verification statement/current course enrollment statement certifying successful performance. Only the students of no less than 4th year of study can be eligible for internship.
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal and excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, the ability to effectively multitask and follow directions.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, Internet).
- Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English.
- Applicants should possess Ukrainian citizenship.
- Please send a CV, brief letter of interest and at least two references (academic or professional) indicating related experience and achievements in English to [email protected]. Please include your name and “Interns” in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is March 26, 2021. The vacancy is open for Ukrainian citizens. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & letter of interest where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.