Intern Opportunities for Students
USAID Energy Security Project announces paid intern opportunities in the field of Financial Modeling
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
The opportunities are aimed at helping the interns to:
- Gain a real-world work experience related to Financial Modeling, Analytics, Economics and future employment;
- Develop practical skills and build research capacity in their respective fields;
- Experience working in a well-known and established international organization(s) and multicultural team(s);
- Be exposed to the project(s) of international development services in Ukraine
In return, the interns are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of financial models on tariff regulation, appraisal of investment projects
and other ESP deliverables under the direction of a supervisor;
- Assist in preparation of financial models on tariff regulation, appraisal of investment projects;
- Support in financial analysis and financial modeling of energy sector major companies;
- Support in analysis of trends in electricity market, gas market and heating market;
- Maintain shared folders with project documentation;
- Support project managers with day-to-day tasks;
- Ukrainian citizenship;
- Advanced or fluent English is a must; fluent Ukrainian required; fluent Russian is an extra benefit;
- Working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in progress in the fields of Finance or Economics or a related area acceptable to Tetra Tech;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, the ability to effectively multitask;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Enthusiastic collaborative team player.
Interns are expected to commit 40 hours per week from Monday till Friday during summertime and 20 hours per week from Monday till Friday during the studying semester to work in the Kyiv office (metro Zoloti Vorota) during 3-6 month with the possibility of extension up to 9 months.
Interns are eligible to work under civil law agreement for a fixed monthly compensation USD 300 per month (including deduction of taxes and other mandatory payments) paid in UAH equivalent.
- Please submit a 1-page CV in English and a cover letter explaining both your interest and fit for the specified internship to [email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
All qualified candidates will be given equal consideration; however, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until enough suitable candidates are found.
There is no closing date for applications this job posting.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.