Position Title: IT and Innovation Manager
Reports To: Strategic Communications Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
About IREX and UNITY Program:
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX implements the USAID-funded project, Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) Activity. Working with local and international partners, UNITY will influence over one million youth with activities that support their leadership towards a values-based Ukrainian identity, make sustainable changes in the enabling environment for youth economic opportunities and civic engagement, and catalyze Ukrainian capacity to continue that work during and beyond UNITY. By 2025, UNITY will strengthen diversity and unity of citizens around common values of human rights, democratic principles, and equity in Ukraine.
IT and Innovation Manager will be responsible for implementing tech solutions for UNITY activities, identifying technologies and tools that can expand program reach and involve participants remotely by offering possibilities of engagement for individuals and groups. IT and Innovation Manager will build the capacity of UNITY team, Youth Advisory Council members to use technologies in their work and advise youth spaces on efficient use of IT for outreach, programs, and management purposes. He/she will be responsible for mentoring Youth Centers within UNITY project on best usage of technology in public spaces and setting up security guidelines as well as technology related training programs. He/she will be responsible for tech setup of various UNITY activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support program events implemented in online formats, starting from selecting appropriate tools and solutions, through setup, tech support and troubleshooting during events, and documenting lessons learned and best practices;
- Ensure online events and IT-relayed experiences of program participants are accessible, inclusive, and valuable to all participants, including those with disabilities and/or limited access to digital devices and/or digital skills;
- Contribute to assessment of identity-based risks and development of mitigation plans for the event or series of the events with the focus on information and digital accessibility of virtual events;
- Set up and maintain green screen room for quality online events;
- Identify tech tools and solutions for enhancing efficiency of programs and production of digital content;
- Facilitate in-house video-, audio-, and visual content creation and oversee subcontractors tasked with digital content creation;
- Research and develop recommendations on the technology vision youth spaces based on international best practices and adapted to the needs of Ukrainian audience;
- Assist the team during IT-related procurements and ensuring ongoing vendor compliance in installation and warranty maintenance in the capacity of a technical specialist;
- Responsible for maintaining UNITY accounts for online platforms;
- Contribute creative ideas from the technology side to the design and implementation of UNITY programs;
- Work with UNITY team and partners to develop IT-related educational programs, deliver trainings on topics from basic IT skills to creative technology-based projects;
- Train UNITY team and Youth Advisory Council members to use relevant technologies;
- Assist Communication Team with setting up digital platforms for UNITY (landing pages, mailing lists, social media accounts) and ensuring smooth operation;
- Collaborate with Research and Learning Team on data management and storage and administering various research tools;
- Research new tech trends, tools, platforms and implement them both online and offline activities and initiate technical setup processes;
- Advise on technologies to accommodate program participants with different disabilities and make events inclusive;
- Consult on IT-related resources;
- Travel throughout Ukraine as requested and needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, digital communications, innovation management or related field;
- Minimum five years of experience in the similar field
- Excellent English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Experience supporting online events;
- Familiarity with online engagement tools;
- Experience conducting a wide array of technology training for different audiences with various tech skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and sensitivity to diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Experience with customer service, administration, and logistics preferred.
- Please email your cover letter and resume with “IT and Innovation Manager” in the subject line to [email protected] by 6 pm on May 11, 2021. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.