We are seeking for U-LEAD | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme a qualified staff member to fill the position of an IT Professional (full time, 100%) to work in Kyiv.
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relations between the national, regional and local levels and builds institutional capacity. The success of the decentralisation reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between different stakeholders involved into reform implementation at the national, regional and local levels. Given the important new tasks, responsibilities and financial resources that local self-governments have gained, the implementation of the reform must be accompanied by expert advice, trainings and diverse support measures. U-LEAD (Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development) is a special measure which is conducted as a multi-donor action by the EU and its member states Germany, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark and Poland to support the Ukrainian government in the implementation of the decentralisation reform.
For managing, coordination and support of IT infrastructure and users our programme, we are looking for a highly motivated and professional specialist.
Area of responsibilities:
- Ensuring that IT and management systems operate and function correctly
- Implementing and complying with GIZ IT standards
- Regularly updating computer software and programs
- Providing technical support to project by dealing with questions and problems relating to IT and databases and IT management
- Configuration and maintaining Servers workstations and laptops
- Managing user accounts
- Managing and maintaining office equipment and inventory
- Managing and maintaining backup systems
- Monitoring virus and security alerts notifications and implementing protection procedures
- Support videoconferencing and telephone systems
- Support Network equipment
- Support of Internet Services
- Assisting in IT related procurement
- Adhering to computer communication, hardware, software and security standards and policies
- Providing assistance to staff at request
- Troubleshooting and solving of all computer and internet related problems, prepares information needed, and maintains telephonic support
- Managing and maintaining video surveillance system
- Consulting of using GIZ IT services and software
- Performing webinars and other activities for rising up GIZ user’s IT knowledge level
- Writing technical documentation, including but not limited to the instructions for end-users
- Translating IT documentation from English to Ukrainian language for Ukrainian speaking users
- Ready to perform non-standard tasks.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Master’s degree in information technology
- At least 5 years professional experience in a similar position
- Analytic skills, leadership skills
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software / hardware, phone, fax, IT Network systems, email, the internet, data bank management software, GIZ – Intranet and basic understanding of specific GIZ software (SAP, APS, AMS, PACCS, etc.)
- Proficient level in installing and maintaining Windows 8.1/10, Windows Server 2012 R2 – 2019, Сisco Webex, Skype for Business,
- Responsible work, excellent communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to details
- Good knowledge of English language
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
The contract duration is until the end of December 2023. The assignment starts as soon as possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to [email protected] until the 19 of January 2021.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.