Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks an IT Sector Associate, full-time position, for the USAID-funded Competitive Economy Program (CEP). This five-year program will encourage startup businesses and small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), increase domestic market competition, and support the competitiveness of Ukrainian firms in international markets. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
IT Sector Associate will support the IT Sector Lead in implementation of a broad array of CEP activities related to development of Ukrainian IT and tech sector competitiveness and supporting its path to sustainable growth. While the IT Sector Lead is primarily responsible for driving all technical activities, the IT Sector Associate will work closely with IT Sector Lead to support these program activities with key IT industry stakeholders, which include tech startup incubation and acceleration, trainings and IT business transformation programs, development of tech marketplaces, IT export alliance and tech trade missions, tech conferences, early-stage tech and entrepreneurship education and many other initiatives. IT Sector Associate is also a member of the broader CEP technical team, which collaborates with CEP experts in export promotion, access to finance, legal and regulatory reform (known together as the “Sector Support Team”), as well as CEPs “Program support Teams” comprised of a grants and subcontracts, communications, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), and finance and administration units. The post of assignment is CEP’s Kyiv office with possible local and regional travel.
The IT Sector Associate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least three years of relevant experience in consulting/advisory, professional services, international organizations or NGOs. Experience in project management and/or product management is a plus. Former experience with USAID development programs is preferred.
- University degree in economics, business administration, marketing or related fields. Bachelor’s degree is a must. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum one year of experience with IT, tech or startup programs (business, marketing, management roles) is required.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong communication skills.
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to resolve work issues among CEP units and with third-party counterparties, subcontractors and grantees.
- Computer proficiency required, with experience in the use of worksheets for analysis and presentation tools.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian.
- Please send a CV and brief letter of interest indicating related experience and achievements by February 12, 2021 to [email protected]. Please include your name and “IT Sector Associate” in the subject line. Please note the position is open for Ukrainian citizens only. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & letter of interest where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.