Terms of Reference
for a Junior National Non-Key Expert in information technology (IT) in the area of laboratory system
Number of -days (total) — max 10
1. ACTIVITY INPUTS
1.1. Experts’ Profiles
Qualifications and experience
- · University degree or academy diploma in a discipline relevant to this assignment;
- · 3−5 years of professional experience related to information technology (IT), digital literacy and laboratory system;
- · Profound experience in conducting assessment of capacities and needs;
- Profound knowledge of IT infrastructure;
- Experience in development of standardized policies and procedures in the IT literacy;
- Previous experience in public health programmes is an advantage.
- Commitment to the principles of the European Union;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, strict adherence to completing assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Quality-oriented professional, constructive approach to obstacles and delays in planned performance;
- Excellent research and paper writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
- · Fluency in English and Ukrainian (written and spoken).
2. REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
Monthly reports and final summary report upon mission completion, including all technical reports, legal and regulatory draft documents, prepared.
3. BACKGROUND & JUSTIFICATION
The project «Support to Ukraine for Developing a Modern Public Health System» forms part of the Ukrainian Reform Agenda, which is guided on the one hand by the Association Agreement signed with the European Commission and on the other hand by the National Health Reform Strategy 2015−2020. Component 1 of the project concerns the consolidation and empowerment of the State Institution «Public Health Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine» (UPHC) under the Ministry of Health; Component 2 supports strengthening of the Blood Transfusion System in Ukraine, while Component 3 focuses on communication, visibility, and information surrounding the first two components.
Ministry of Health of Ukraine
Recipient: State Institution «Public Health Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine»
3.3. Context of the activities and issues at stake
The activities of the Component 1 are aimed to support the consolidation and empowerment of the newly created State Institution «Public Health Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine» and to contribute to the modernisation and development of a sustainable public health system that is able to ensure disease prevention and control standards in line with EU legislation, requirements and practices.
Under the leadership and supervison of the team leader the national junior non-key expert will focus on:
- Institutional support for UPHC and Public Health Directorate (PHD) of the MoH (Act. 1.2.1) to include:
- General assessment of the state of the existing Quality Management System of Information Technologies of the laboratory.
- Definition of the critical points of the effectiveness of the existing System.
- Assessment of readiness of IT infrastructure of UPHC according to the international standards:
- ISO / IEC 17025: 2017 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- ISO 15195: 2018 Laboratory medicine — Requirements for the competence of calibration laboratories using reference measurement procedures
4. Development of a set of measures to optimize the Quality Management System in accordance with established standards.
5. Organization of interaction between the team of UPHC and involved IT specialists to assess the IT potential of the Center for Public Health.
6. Defining the effectiveness of the proposed and implemented measures within the project.
7. Development of a common Quality Management System for its transfer to the entire system of the network of laboratories in Ukraine.
8. Preparation of a report and generalized recommendations for the modernization of the IT infrastructure of UPHC, which includes the infrastructure plan, development of human resources and development of a package of documents for 2021−2024.
4. LOGISTICS AND TIMING
Kyiv and selected regions, Ukraine.
4.2. Commencement date and duration
The assignment is expected to start by September 01, 2021. The assignment is expected to end by November 30, 2021.
The expert is expected to use their private laptops.
The Project provides office space and internet connection as well as administrative support.
5. SCOPE OF WORK
While the overall objective of the project is to support the modernization and development of a sustainable pubic health able to ensure disease prevention and control standards in line with EU legislation, requirements and practices, the purpose of this assignment is to support the consolidation and empowerment of the newly created State Institution Public Health Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine (UPHC).
At the beginning of their mission, the short-term expert will present the methodology they are proposing to follow in the implementation of their assignment.
The activities are aimed at producing of the following deliverables:
1. A tool for assessing the IT potential of UPHC.
2. A list of international information systems and requirements to information security.
3. A report and generalized recommendations for the modernization of the IT infrastructure of UPHC, which includes the infrastructure plan, development of human resources and development of a package of documents for 2021−2024.
4. The plan of investments and modernization of the IT infrastructure of UPHC for 2021−2024.
5. A package of proposals to the package of documents in accordance with the plan of modernization of the IT infrastructure of UPHC for 2021−2024.
6. A plan of technical assistance in the field of human resources development of UPHC for 2021 — 2024.
7. A roadmap for the development of IT infrastructure of UPHC and a plan of interaction between the international, national and regional levels in the field of development of the Information Fund of Ukraine.
- The contact person for the candidates – Yuliia Makarova (project assistant) – [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.