Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program,
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI’s main beneficiary is the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP), Ukraine’s key anti-corruption institution. SACCI assists the NACP with strengthening institutional capacity to implement its core functions. The project helped the agency launch the NACP Public Oversight Council (POC) to serve as a civic control body over the NACP’s activities and increase opportunities for citizens to engage with the agency. To bolster the POC’s efforts, SACCI is helping the council establish a capable and robust secretariat.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Legal Advisor will assist the Secretariat in legal analysis of public requests, screening and analysis of the NACP job applicants’ portfolio, and legal expertise of draft laws and policy papers developed by the NACP or in cooperation with the POC. This is a STTA position with an expected level of effort of up to 60 expert days.
- Analyze public requests submitted to the POC to identify essential topics for explanation to the public
- Draft explanatory briefs for the public
- Develop a database frame for compiling essential topics and their explanations
- Support the database implementation
- Advise on maintaining the database’s operations
- Distribute briefs and explanations through social media, etc.
- Support POC activities as a NACP Selection Committee member for the civil servants recruiting process
- Conduct preliminary screenings of NACP job applicants for compliance with anti-corruption legislation
- Analyze the collected results to ensure adherence to NACP procedures
- Provide briefs to the Selection Committee members
- Provide legal advice and expertise on draft laws before their submission for endorsement to the Ministry of Justice, including drafting legal opinions
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in legal studies is required
- Minimum of five years of experience in legal consulting and analysis, including issues related to corruption prevention and human rights protection
- Minimum of five years of experience in drafting laws
- Experience in working with open registers and computer applications
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Prior experience with anti-corruption issues is a plus
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Fluency in Ukrainian required, English proficiency preferred
*Deadline for applying for this position – 2 May 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.