Deloitte is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a short-term Legal Consultant in support of the USAID/ Ukaid Health Reform Support (HRS).
Period of Performance: February 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021
Level of Effort: 75 working days
Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID/Ukaid Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Legal Consultant will be working with the HRS Objective 2 ‘Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model’ (Health Finance) team and will be expected to complete several tasks related to the legal analysis of the regulation and governance in the health sector of Ukraine.
- Conduct analysis of the overall government regulatory and legal framework for the health sector, including the regulatory process for registration, licensing, operation, certification of health insurance companies, providers of health services, laboratory diagnostics, hospitals, importers and distributors of medical equipment and pharmaceuticals
- Conduct analysis of the regulatory process in the health sector, including enforcement and consumer protection
- Conduct analysis of the legal framework for opening and running business in the health sector of Ukraine, and for investing in health in Ukraine
- Conduct analysis of the effective complaint procedure and of how to file a complaint with the health care provider and Parliament’s Human Rights Ombudsman
- Conduct analysis of setting payment mechanism and salaries in the public and private sectors
- Conduct analysis of the legal situation of setting prices and tariffs in the health sector
- Conduct analysis of mechanisms for negotiating salaries, professional standards (code of conduct), as well as other issues with trade unions for private and municipal health sectors
- Conduct legal analysis of government stewardship of private providers and facilities, including enforcement of sustained quality standards as part of health care market forces study
- Conduct legal analysis of possible introduction of co-payment for selected health services in Ukraine
- Develop recommendations for improving regulation (certification/licensing) for private and public providers of health services
- Develop technical documents (guidelines, analytical notes, training materials, etc.) related to the implementation of new financing mechanisms in health
- Provide technical inputs for the development of technical documents related to the implementation of health financing reform
- Contribute to the development of policy briefs on health reform, in particular on health financing
- Perform other tasks, as requested
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Law
- No less than two years of work experience in the relevant field
- Understanding of Ukraine’s governance system
- Understanding of Ukraine’s health system and reform (preferred)
- High attention to details, analytical thinking, and ability to process big data
- Excellent team player
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Spoken and written language proficiency in Ukrainian
- Spoken and written language proficiency in English is an asset.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference to [email protected]rs.net.ua no later than January 17, 2021. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Legal Consultant”. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.