The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS) Coordinator position is to implement delegated livelihoods and food security project portfolio
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Line management of livelihoods & food security project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to livelihoods & food security strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of LFS projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist and respond
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure and support capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure availability of adequate and appropriate equipment, supplies, office and/or warehouse space for the successful implementation of the programme
- Participate in the development of project proposals and budgets for the LFS programme
- Ensure timely follow up with appropriate partners and stakeholders for smooth coordination and implementation of the projects
- Cultivate close working relations with key partners including local government, UN agencies and local and international NGOs
- Participate in relevant sector coordination meetings and represent NRC both at the local and national level
- Proactive planning and coordination with logistics, finance and field teams
- Ensure that LFS projects target the most vulnerable and that beneficiaries are selected in line with the Food Security & Livelihood Cluster targeting criteria, NRC criteria and donor guidelines.
- Ensure the strict observance and immediately report to the Area Manager any breach or suspected breach of NRC code of conduct, NRC and donor’s procedures;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Area Manager
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- A degree in Agriculture, Agricultural engineering, Economics, Development studies/Social sciences is required
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal is required
- Experience in a supervisory and project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Understanding of SPHERE minimum standards.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Focused, output driven and able to meet deadlines on a regular basis.
- Personable, professional with high levels of probity and integrity
- Strong team work and influencing skills, the ability to work with other departments to achieve objectives within tight time frames.
2. Behavioral competencies:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results.
- Type of contract: local employment contract till 31.12.2021, with the possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.