Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified a Livelihoods Assistant for a 5-year USAID funded comprehensive livelihoods project that aims to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine.
DRC Ukraine is looking for Livelihoods Officеr based in Sloviansk or Mariupol or Sievierodonetsk (to be defined).
About the job
The Livelihoods Officer will serve as the project’s grassroots community relations development representative. The LLH Officer in cooperation with LLH Team Leader will facilitate grant making activities, local economic development and community visioning for stakeholders, including local business, communities, government bodies and non-profit organizations. The LLH Officer will also support in selection of beneficiaries, monitoring and follow-up of the project grantees, various assessments initiated by the project and evaluation of the economic impact of the funded initiatives. You should at the same time promote DRC’s values through various entry points in the project and preserve staff moral and enthusiasm for the project work
Additionally, this position requires to follow sector responsibilities: engagement in, personal contribution to and coordination of MSME and NGOs grants evaluation, processing, execution and monitoring together with DRC Team and other involved parties.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Support the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises, such as field visits, baseline surveys etc.
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts/colleagues on grant component implementation issues
- Cooperate with ERA collеаgues on joint implementation of project’s workplan
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Co-develop and implement project plans
- Co-develop and use projects tools
- Project implementation and reporting
- Monitor and evaluate projects/interventions as per Team Leader’s instructions
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
- Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have experience in grant making programmes in the field of technical assistance; passion for helping people and communities to improve their lives, impeccable integrity and honesty and excellent soft skills.
Required experience and competencies
- At least 6 years of overall working experience, at least 3 year of work experience within an international humanitarian/development organization
- Field experience
- Previous engagement in grant related activities is a strong advantage
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Ukrainian
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-term Labor Contract
- Medical and Life Insurance
Contract length: one year with possibility to extend based on available funding, after 3 months of probation period.
Start date: November 2021
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
Clothing date for applications: October 3, 2021.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.