· Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine;
· Position: Livelihoods Specialist;
· Location: Kyiv or Kramatorsk, Ukraine (with frequent visits to Donetska/Luhanska Oblast);
· Job terms: Full-time;
· Type of job: Service Contract;
· Duration: up to 2 months;
· Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of Protection, WASH, MPCA, Food Security and Livelihoods.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support to PAH staff to enhance PAH’s approach/technical capacity to the provision of livelihoods programmes for different categories of population groups (including older people, people with disabilities, etc.);
· Work with the programme implementation team to develop livelihoods processes/structures and contribute PAH Mission strategy;
· Analyze and follow-up on the results of the livelihoods needs assessment conducted by PAH partner;
· Prepare the high quality livelihoods needs assessment report (in English);
· Ensure internal coordination/collaboration through review meetings and provision of regular updates;
· Work closely with the MEAL team to put in place a sector MEAL plan ensuring this links to reporting requirements and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work;
· Travel to field locations as needed to conduct capacity building and quality monitoring ensuring that all visits are supported by clear and constructive recommendations;
· Support the delivery of livelihoods programming in both urban and rural settings including trainings and remote coaching on practical elements (where required);
· Build and maintain positive and constructive relationships with relevant stakeholders including ATCs, Regional Authorities, INGOs / UN Agencies, Clusters/Working Groups, and local partners;
· Take steps to document lessons learned for wider dissemination;
· Develop additional tools for subsequent implementation by PAH program team;
· Complete other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
The successful Livelihoods Specialist will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
· Master’s degree in a relevant field (Economics, Agriculture, etc.);
· Minimum 2 years of professional experience in setting up and implementing high quality livelihoods programmes;
· Strong proven knowledge and experience in providing technical support in terms of livelihoods;
· Experience with capacity building and trainings;
· Excellent English language skills (both writing and speaking), at least C1 level;
· Good communication, teamwork and analytical skills;
· Ability to work independently;
· Strong computer literacy;
· Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of most vulnerable population groups in Ukraine.
What PAH offers:
· Work experience with the professional and flexible international NGO, one of the largest in the Central-Eastern Europe;
· Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
· Possibility to contribute to the development of PAH Mission programming;
· Competitive salary.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
· Short resume (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and work experience;
· Short cover letter;
· Indication of your availability to start your work for PAH;
· Three references.
- To start the application process, please follow the link: https://system.erecruiter.pl/FormTemplates/RecruitmentForm.aspx?WebID=6afaa86c9d924caebf982f1fef79f633
The job announcement will be closed when the position is filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.