The DEval team aims to work with one Senior and one Junior Evaluator in the context of the Country Portfolio Review (CPR) Ukraine
The German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) was founded in 2012 and is based in Bonn. The overarching goal of DEval is to independently evaluate the performance of interventions of German development cooperation.
DEval developed an instrument for conducting country portfolio reviews (CPRs) for German bilateral development cooperation. CPRs address overarching issues at the level of the overall portfolio and provide an independent and sound information base for strategy formation. Against this background, DEval launched the project “Country Portfolio Reviews in the Context of SDG” in January 2020. The CPR Ukraine is being implemented as part of the above-mentioned project.
To support the DEval team in Bonn, Germany, a consultant team consisting of a Senior Evaluator and a Junior Evaluator located in Ukraine shall be contracted. The Senior Evaluator and the Junior Evaluator shall apply as a team as they will be asked to work together very closely for the implementation of this assignment. The objective of this consultancy is to support the DEval team with regard to the implementation of the CPR in Ukraine. The consultant team will be involved in preparing the CPR thematically and logistically, conducting the on-site data collection during the field work in Kiev, supporting the data analysis and in some follow-up work. Tasks include the preparation of a document on the political system in Ukraine, the preparation, implementation and documentation of qualitative interviews with relevant stakeholders in Kiev / Ukraine and translations.
The implementation of the abovementioned tasks shall take place between 22 March 2021 and 15 June 2021.
In total, up to 45 working days (thereof up to 22 working days for the Senior Evaluator and 23 working days for the Junior Evaluator) are planned.
The consultant team needs to demonstrate the following competencies and experiences:
- University degree (As Senior: Master degree or equivalent, as Junior: Bachelor degree)
- At least 10 years of living and 5 years of professional experience in Ukraine,
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in development cooperation in Ukraine (as Junior: 1 year)
- Professional experience within different development partners and/or public institutions and/or non-governmental organizations (NGO) in Ukraine, (only Senior)
- Professional experience or research in at least two different sectors relevant for the German development cooperation (Good (local) Governance, Renewable Energy / Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Economic Development, Humanitarian Aid, Trade and/or Vocational Education and Training), (only Senior)
- At least 3 years of professional experience in qualitative data collection and documentation, incl. conducting semi-structured interviews and/or focus group discussions proved by past experience, (as Junior 2 years)
- Junior: At least 1 year of professional experience related to administration, communication and logistical support to field visits,
- Excellent knowledge of English (B2, written and oral) and Ukrainian (C1, written and oral).
- Interested candidates are invited to ask for the tendering documents via email to [email protected] We will send yout the relevant documents immediately.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this tender/procurement notice.
- Interested candidates are invited to send an offer via email to [email protected] until 23. February 2021 08:00 AM CET
Only encrypted tenders can be reviewed. The key/password must be sent in a separate mail.