CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE ENTERPRISE
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the world through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and is an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include Enterprise Ecosystems, Democratic Governance, Business Advocacy, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Anti-Corruption & Ethics, and Trade.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluations Specialist
Reports to: Regional Director, Europe and Eurasia
SCOPE: CIPE is seeking a full-time Kyiv, Ukraine,- based Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to work with the Europe and Eurasia team to design, implement, gather data on and communicate results of project activities across the Europe and Eurasia portfolio.
- Work in close collaboration with the Ukraine and Washington, D.C. based teams and supervisors to provide and oversee monitoring and evaluation support for projects in the Europe and Eurasia region.
- Communicate with the CIPE Monitoring and Evaluation team staff to maintain continuous oversight of progress toward deliverables.
- Collaborate with the CIPE Monitoring and Evaluation Team to develop project evaluation plans and create instruments for data collection.
- In collaboration with CIPE and sub-grantee organization staff, contribute to the planning and implementation of M&E activities.
- Monitor project activities and grantee performance to ensure full compliance with objectives, final reporting requirements, and evaluation plans in collaboration with local partner organizations and CIPE team members.
- Provide support to the development and implementation of surveys and other evaluation activities, including coordination with sub-grantees, contractors, and consultants on collection and reporting of valid and reliable data.
- Work with CIPE staff and partners to refine proposals, monitoring and evaluation plans, and project budgets.
- Evaluate projects through on-site visits, file reviews, and coordination with independent evaluators where appropriate.
- Contribute data and analysis to develop project reports, summaries, and assessments.
- Contribute insights from ongoing monitoring and evaluation research to team discussions of project strategy.
- Facilitate internal communication and provide timely updates on contractor, consultant, and sub-grantee activities related to M&E.
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE, NED and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in one the following fields is required: International Relations, International Business, Economic Development, or Public Policy.
- Master’s degree, or the equivalent experience, in International Relations, International Business, Economic Development, or Public Policy is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, as well as independently with minimum supervision; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Minimum 3 years of international development experience required; minimum 2 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation for international development projects.
- Experience with international development and topics consistent with CIPE’s mission, including anti-corruption, democratic governance, business association advocacy, entrepreneurship, and others.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Experience in and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation best practices.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (as well as Teams and SharePoint preferred).
- Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with M&E specialist in subject line of an email. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Deadline for submission: by COB February 10, 2020.