Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Assistant for the Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative II (UCBI II) funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). The position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
UCBI II partners with government and civil society to support Ukraine’s national unity and stability, prioritizing programming that promotes unity, inclusion, and democratic transformation in Ukraine. The program aims to: (1) Advance efforts towards the reintegration of Donbas and Crimea; (2) Increase availability of Russian-language content to counter disinformation and malign narratives; and (3) Address emerging challenges to stability and national cohesion.
The majority of UCBI II assistance is delivered as grants to local partners, including goods, services, and technical support. UCBI II works closely with a range of partners, including national and local civilian government entities, civil society organizations, media organizations, and community leaders to ensure that activities respond to local priorities and address underlying tensions.
MEL Assistant Responsibilities Include:
- Support accurate and timely data collection for performed project activities, following established MEL procedures, and ensure common understanding among teams on data collection expectations;
- Provide coding of activities, results, and backup documentation;
- Assist with developing training materials, presentations, reports, etc.;
- Assist in preparation of the internal and external Project’s reporting;
- Assist in preparation and conducting of the Project’s activities;
- Assist in conduction of secondary data research and in drafting overviews;
- Assist in lessons learnt facilitation, track status of activities and results per activity;
- Ensure quality of the data collection;
- Assist in periodic large-scale evaluations that focus on clusters/groups of related grant-funded activities;
- Periodic site visits and communication with grantees;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by UCBI II’s senior management team.
- University degree in social sciences or related field required;
- Prior experience in working with data collection and verification;
- Prior experience working an ab M&E/MEL staff is preferred;
- Professional excellence and strong analytical skills;
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to resolve assigned tasks in a professional manner;
- Ability to work under pressure and orientation on result;
- Attention to details, versatility, and integrity;
- Advanced skills in SPSS and Microsoft Excel;
- Preferred ability with a qualitative analysis software
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization;
- Fluent level of spoken and written English, and Ukrainian required.
The MEL Assistant will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Team Lead.
- Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by February 12, 2021. Please insert the position you are applying for (“UCBI II MEL Assistant”) in the subject line and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining interest in and qualifications for the job.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. Interested prospective applicants are encouraged to visit UCBI’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/USAIDUCBI/ and please visit www.chemonics.com.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.