FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. FAO Ukraine is contributing to the development of national policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Program Leader/FAOR/BH, Head of Office/Program Officer and Project Team Leader in Ukraine, direct supervision of Head of Sub Office in Lviv, and in close coordination with the Project team and Country Office team in Kiev, the Office Assistant will be responsible for providing assistance in operational aspects of the Project in Western Ukraine.
The Office Assistant will provide necessary supports to ensure the smooth operations of the Sub-Office, thus, the implementation of the Project activities in the targeted locations.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Carry out day-to-day administrative and logistical tasks of the Sub-Office and collaborate with the Project team to assist them to carry out their duties to efficiently implement the Project activities in Lviv and Zakarpattia oblasts.
• Ensure management of FAO Project vehicles through the inspection of physical condition, maintenance and verification of vehicle logbook and adherence of safety and security measures and protocols of FAO and UNDSS.
• Review and keep up-to-date necessary vehicle operations documents such as registration card, insurance card and other requirements as per FAO procedures and the requirements of the Government.
• Provide necessary supports to the personnel and consultants of FAO to undertake field missions such as obtaining security clearance, travel authorization, travel expense claim, vehicle allocation etc.). Accompany FAO experts in the field missions, as needed.
• Maintain office files, records, reports and other informational sources in accordance with accepted rules and policies.
• Management and report on the petty cash of the Sub-Office, procurement of office supplies and other services, as needed.
• Maintain, up-to-date and report on the asset registers for expendable and non-expendable items of the Sub-Office.
• Provide interpretation during official meetings and field visits, translate relevant document, if needed.
• Process incoming and draft outgoing correspondence, e-mails, meeting minutes etc.
• Make arrangements for meetings, presentations, seminars, trainings, workshops and other outreach events.
• Maintain contacts with the stakeholders of the Project.
• Keep abreast on the development of local situation and inform the Head of Sub-Office.
• Carry out other relevant tasks as and when requested by the Supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Social sciences, etc.
• Three years of relevant experience in administrative and office support work.
• Language skills: Working knowledge (Level C) of English; fluency in Russian and Ukrainian
• IT Skills: Good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment. Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in an appropriate format.
• National of Ukraine.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
• Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / Human Resources systems and administrative procedures and policies
• Good knowledge of the organizational structure
• Candidates to be called for interviews will be screened against the Minimum Requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (on the application form and in your cover letter how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you heard about this position.
Closure Date: 07/Aug/2021