NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is looking for a qualified candidate to fill Deputy Team Leader position.
OFFICE: NATO Liaison Office (NLO) under the NATO Representation to Ukraine
TITLE: DeputyTeam Leader, NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme
GRADE: LES 6
WORKING HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 September 2019 (COB)
The NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is an integrated part of the NATO Liaison Office to Ukraine (NLO), mainly aimed at providing training to civilian personnel within the wider defence and security sector. The PDP is strategically linked to the Government Office for Co-ordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and its activities are conducted in close co-ordination with our Ukrainian partner institutions.
The PDP is a well-positioned strategic and fast developing programme with very high ambitions of meeting Ukrainian demands for training in support of reforms. This announcement presents a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated professional to manage the implementation of modern programme management and monitoring and evaluation instruments and contribute to overseeing implementation of the PDP work programme in Ukraine.
1. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must possess:
- working experience in Ukraine, preferably connected to NATOprogrammes or other international security related institutions and defence and security sector reform;
- demonstrated capability to manage reform programmes;
- excellent diplomatic skills;
- experience in project management;
- inspirational leadership skills and – through personal example – the ability to motivate, build confidence and develop subordinates and partners alike;
- results-driven professional attitude;
- focus on facilitating implementation of equal opportunities;
- innovative project approach and self-motivation;
- ability to operate independently and as part of a multinational team;
- a degree or equivalent qualification from a university of recognized standing;
- excellent oral and written skills in English and Ukrainian, with the ability to draft quality reports and make precise and targeted presentations;
- political awareness of programme relevant issues involving risks and developing opportunities;
- experience in designing needs-based learning and development of projects;
- no criminal record and pass security clearance.
The incumbent should:
- be a Ukrainian citizen, fluent in English and Ukrainian languages;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.;
- be able to work harmoniously with professional contacts in a multinational team;
- be prepared to travel and work irregular hours.
Previous professional exposure to modern Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning frameworks would be considered a valuable asset.
2. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- co-ordinate implementation across Programme operation of modern programme management instruments with a particular emphasis on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tools;
- contribute to managing, coordinating and overseeing the PDP project planning and execution processes, establishing measurable return on investment mechanisms including impact assessments and benefits mapping;
- manage and oversee programme level documentation such as high level and working level plans, stakeholder engagement and communication plans, risk registers and issues log, monitoring, reporting and finance/budgets including finance-related reports to NATO, processes and systems;
- contribute to facilitating smooth interaction, exchange of information and co-ordination with PDP strategic partners in line with the PDP policy and strategy;
- make innovative proposals on meeting her/his objectives in the best possible way;
- attend events of interest and relevance organized by the NATO Liaison Office and strategic partners;
- stand in for the Team Leader during her/his absence or busy periods, as required;
- deputize for the Team Leader in managing the Project Management Office (PMO) and the governance secretariat, thus implementing the secretariat role in co-ordinating the governance and secretariat functions.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Achievement:Works to meet standards.
- Clarity and Accuracy:Monitors and checks work or information.
- Customer Service Orientation: Discovers and meets customer needs.
- Flexibility:Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- Initiative:Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation.
- Organizational Commitment: Supports the organization.
- Self-Control:Responds calmly.
4. CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION PACKAGE
For the selected candidate, we can offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a very inspiring international environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year full time contract with possible extension, based on continued programme funding and satisfactory job performance.
5. HOW TO APPLY
- Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply by e-mail to: [email protected]NRO.HQ.NATO.INT
- Please indicate “NATO–PDP Deputy Team Leader” in the subject line of the email.
Please attach the following materials (in English):
- a CV/Resume;
- a short personal statement highlighting how the candidate meets qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement (maximum one page);
- at least one letter of reference including referee’s contact details, preferably from a previous or current employer.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter (personal statemenet) where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
The deadline for submission of the required documents is 11 September 2019 COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Earlier applications are strongly encouraged. Only electronic applications will be considered.