The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast—together known as the “Donbas” region—but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
About the job
The Office Administrator ensures proper flow of Kramatorsk office procedures and provides support to the ERA team and the senior management. The Office Administrator oversees maintenance and proper operation of the office equipment and keeps the office supplies in stock. The Office Administrator’s role includes working closely with the ERA leadership team by handling clerical duties, coordinating calendars, and organizing meetings, and performing other duties as required. The Office Administrator is based in Kramatorsk and reports to Logistics and Administration Coordinator.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Office Management and Inventory:
- Responsible for ensuring that project property is well-maintained, kept clean, used solely for intended official purposes, and used in accordance with terms and conditions of lease or rental agreements.
- Ensure that each lease and rental agreement is kept in its appropriate file location according to the Project Record Map, and that requests for payments are submitted promptly to the Finance department.
- Manages the process for stocking and maintaining office supplies.
- Maintain accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems;
- Ensure that administrative records are well-organized, maintained and updated.
- Maintain communication with DAI’s home office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project.
- Maintain relationships with the landlord, office building management, and vendors or suppliers who provide administrative and/or operational project support.
- Support receipt and timely distribution of mail, DHL and other communications to responsible project staff.
- Coordinate conference room bookings on an as needed basis.
- Keep the inventory log up to date and accurate, make sure all asset items are labeled properly and in time. Perform inventory reviews annually.
Administration and Logistics:
- Responsible for making hotel, airline, ground transportation arrangements for senior management;
- Make local travel arrangements for the senior management and STTAs (travel, accommodation);
- Coordinate travel/logistics arrangements and maintain project travel schedule in TAMIS;
- Maintain working relations with relevant stakeholders including providers of administrative services, transportation companies, courier services providers.
- prepare accurate and timely reports and other project documentation as required; maintain project files.
- keep respective activity records in DAI corporate system (TAMIS).
- Perform other related tasks as requested by COP and DCOP.
- MA degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- At least one year of experience providing operational or technical assistance to development programming in Ukraine or similar country context;
- Demonstrated technical experience in growth and development of manufacturing business sector;
- Experience working in Eastern Ukraine preferred;
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization;
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image;
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus;
- Fluency in English is preferred, fluency in Ukrainian is required.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Mariupol
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: August 2021
- All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected], please mention in the subject Tourism Sector Officer
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: August 08, 2021