On March 2, 2020, EnCompass LLC was awarded the Monitoring and Learning Support Contract (MLS) to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) mission in Ukraine to holistically provide technical assistance support and other services in monitoring and evaluation. EnCompass, our subcontractor NORC at the University of Chicago, Pardee and other local partners will aim to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes for USAID/Ukraine, including USAID Belarus.
The Online Event Producer will lead and manage the production of customized, highly interactive virtual experiences in Adobe Connect, Zoom, and other virtual platforms for the MLS team. This individual will coordinate with members of the communications team both in Ukraine and at EnCompass LLC headquarters to plan and manage the event delivery schedule. Qualified applicants will be reviewed based on outlined skill sets.
Ukrainian national consultants are preferred for this role.
This assignment is based in Kyiv, Ukraine and is remote due to COVID. Position reports to the Ukraine MLS Chief of Party. Depending on the nature of a particular task, supervision may be delegated to other MLS senior staff.
Lead and manage the production of customized, highly interactive virtual experiences in Adobe Connect, Zoom, and other virtual platforms.
Online Event Producer
- Provide technical support for sessions and assist other presenters as appropriate in all technical components of web conferencing (must know Adobe Connect and Zoom, other platforms are a plus: WebEx, BlueJeans, GoogleMeet, etc.). This includes providing suggestions on which platform to use and their functionalities, so the team can make an informed decision on which platform to use.
- Prepare for event delivery by revising and complementing the event design and the facilitator/producers’ guide and preparing the room accordingly, developing, reviewing and updating presentation materials, participating in rehearsals and confirming all necessary technical configurations
- Manage technical support during training delivery by providing audio and visual support to attendees and speakers
- Maintain high-level familiarity of all features needed to conduct flawless virtual deliveries.
- Establish positive working relationships with clients, partners and consultants as well as apply professional inter-cultural awareness with all attendees
- Manage the event recordings, provide the audio transcript, and submit an after-event report to the project team lead including the attendance list, the interactive works that might be produced in the platform, among others.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with the project management team to plan and manage the event delivery schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Experience and Skills
- At least 6 years’ experience in professional writing, editing, communications or a related field
- Proven ability to understand the needs of an event and identify creative engagement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to produce thorough, high quality work within a tight timeframe
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both Ukrainian and English
- In-depth command of English and Ukrainian grammar and linguistics—morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics
- Extraordinary self-starter, strong initiative, and attention to detail
- Outstanding problem-solving, decision-making, and good judgement skills
- Strong online facilitation skills
- Experience working with organizations with an international focus is recommended
- Ability to work in an appreciative, strengths-based environment
- Functional native proficiency in English and Ukrainian (level 5 on the table below)
- Expertise in and significant experience with Adobe Connect and Zoom software as a producer
- Significant experience designing and delivering highly interactive virtual learning programs, webinars, or virtual meetings, maintaining visual and audio system performance, providing immediate technical support to attendees and participating in ongoing training to strengthen software expertise
- Deep knowledge of event production workflows, break out rooms, polls, white boards, recording/transcript, and participant management
- Experience working with multiple online applications at the same time with an ability to learn new software features quickly and effectively
- Experience writing facilitator/producer guides preferred
- Comply with EnCompass and USAID style guidelines for online products
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
- Video editing experience is a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships virtually with a diverse group of EnCompass Home Office and Ukraine Field team members
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, producing quality events and products within tight time constraints
- Demonstrated experience in working on multiple priorities consecutively and sequentially and meeting quality standards for accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Reliable, secure, high-speed internet connection. Providing services remotely via internet connection is acceptable.
· The consultant will use their own equipment and ensure they have necessary software licenses and subscriptions to provide the required services.
Table 1. Levels in language proficiency.
Limited working proficiency
- Able to satisfy routine special demands and limited work requirements
- Sufficient comprehension to read simple, authentic written material in a form equivalent to usual printing or typescript on familiar subjects within familiar contexts.
- General professional proficiency
- Able to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, and professional topics.
- Able to read within a normal range of speed and with almost complete comprehension of a variety of authentic prose material on unfamiliar subjects.
- Advanced professional proficiency
- Able to use the language fluently and accurately on all levels normally pertinent to professional needs.
- Able to read fluently and accurately all styles and forms of the language pertinent to professional needs.
Functionally native proficiency
- Speaking proficiency is functionally equivalent to that of a highly articulate well-educated native speaker and reflects the cultural standards of a country where the language is natively spoken.
- Reading proficiency is functionally equivalent to that of the well-educated native reader.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.