At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks an experienced Operations Director for USAID’s Ukraine Community Action for HIV Control Activity. The activity will advance Ukraine’s progress toward its 95-95-95 HIV goals and reduce the HIV burden. This position will report directly to the Chief of Party but will work under the direction of the Pact Ukraine Finance Director to ensure accurate, timely financial information in compliance with Pact Ukraine policies, local and funder regulations.
- Provide overall operational, financial, grants and contracts, HR, safety and security, and compliance oversight to the project.
- Oversight for various financial functions such as project budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis;
- Support COP in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested. Identify problems and work to resolve them as well as to prevent future problems;
- Guide and monitor grants and contracts procedures in compliance with Pact’s and USAID rules and regulations;
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with US government regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award
- In coordination with Ukraine Finance Director, initiate, develop, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program, HR, grants and contracts and its related activities and to promote cost efficiency and compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Identify potential areas of financial and compliance vulnerability and risk and together with Ukraine Finance Director develop or implement corrective action plans to resolve problematic issues and risk mitigation.
- Ensure proper financial documentation and reporting, establish and provide direction and management of project funds.
- Lead and oversee the development, management, and complete life cycle of a variety of possible subaward and procurement mechanisms.
- Be responsible for managing the project budget, tracking project spending, and preparing monthly financial reports.
- Mentor and supervise finance, operations, grants and contracts staff engaged in the activities noted here.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience working in international development, preferable USAID-funded projects in finance, procurement, logistics, and related areas.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in financial compliance and progressive supervisory work experience directly supervising administrative, finance, and/or operations staff.
- Demonstrable experience with management and/or administration for USAID projects, including experience managing sub-contracts and sub-grants.
- Experience managing USAID contracts and/or cooperative agreements.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies, particularly financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Ability to travel within Ukraine and occasionally internationally, when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian (oral, writing and reading).
- Working proficiency of English (oral, writing and reading).
- Fluency in English (oral, writing and reading).
- Knowledge and/or experience of management of USAID GUCs.
- Experience with accounting software such as Serenic, Navigator, ERPs, ACCPAC, or others.
- Experience working with community-based organizations and/or key populations in Ukraine.
- Open for Ukrainian nationals only.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.