Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Operations & Procurement Assistant
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-term
The USAID Ukraine Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) is a five-year Activity whose purpose is to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Operations & Procurement Assistant will support the daily needs of office operations, including but not limited to human resources coordination and support, office administration needs, and providing procurement support to the project in accordance with Chemonics policy and USAID regulations. The Operations and Procurement Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and providing support for human resources related functions, including recruitment, onboarding employees, and files/records maintenance. They will further support office administration needs including the procurement of equipment, supplies and services, and ensuring overall compliance, providing administrative support during bidding, solicitation, selection, and contracting of procurements.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate human resources needs including posting job vacancy announcements, coordinating and scheduling interviews, maintaining personnel and recruitment files, and drafting employment agreements and other onboarding documents. Maintain SmartSheet.
- Coordinate with GDIP on the employment of new hires, prepare the staffing list and orders of admission, vacations, dismissal. Maintain a vacations tracker, check the timesheets.
- Update the organizational chart, emergency contact list and cascade phone tree, overseeing coordination with mobile provider Kyivstar.
- Overseeing the medical insurance for employees and coordinate with insurance broker.
- Support the project’s administrative procurement efforts, with ad hoc support to technical procurements on an as-needed basis
- Draft project procurement documents including solicitations, negotiation memos, consents to subcontract, and waivers.
- Assist with developing RFQs or RFPs for individual procurements or blanket purchase agreements.
- Submit completed procurement packages and invoices for payment to finance team.
- Maintain clear and concise procurement files that document project compliance with USAID rules and regulation, Chemonics policies and procedures, as well as local or US government rules that affect the procurement process.
- Understand procurement compliance issues, in particular those contained in FAR, CFR, ADS, and AIDAR regulating procurement under the above referenced contract and serve as a resource for staff with questions related to procurement.
- Assist in inventory tracking and management and in provision of procurement status reports and inventory summaries as requested by project management.
- Upload all HR, administrative, and procurement documentation to project SharePoint.
- Taking a team approach, cooperate and coordinate with project staff to ensure integration of efforts to ensure achievement of project results.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related field required.
- At least one (1) year of relevant office administration, bookkeeping, financial management, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID funded administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office administration and knowledge of basic accounting and accounting practices is required, as well as general best practices in Ukraine.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgment that reflects positively on the TCA program.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is required.
- Fluent Ukrainian or Russian required and fluent English strongly preferred.
- To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than April 23, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.