- ISSUED BY
OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine
- VACANCY NUMBER
- VACANCY TYPE
- Local Contracted
- FIELD OF EXPERTISE
Budget and Finance
- NUMBER OF POSTS
- DUTY STATION
- DATE OF ISSUE
8 August 2019
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
- 1 September 2019 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
|The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine is looking for highly qualified, motivated and experienced Ukrainian professional for the position of Finance Assistant with its main office in Kyiv. The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization. Initial duration of appointment is 12 months, subject to a subsequent OSCE Permanent Council Decision to extend the mandate of the Mission.
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link http://www.osce.org/employment/.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, please see http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
|Under the direct supervision of National Finance Officer and overall guidance of the Head of Finance and Budget, the incumbent prepares the standard invoices, prepayments and credit memos to effect payments and record expenditures. More specifically the incumbent will be dealing with:
• Examines source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity of charges; prepares documentation for processing vendors’ invoices and staff claims, creates and validates payment vouchers; verify codes income and expenditures and charges the appropriate accounts.
• Checks whether suppliers’ documents are properly certified and the services / goods are received in IRMA by Programme Managers / authorized persons/
• Ensures that invoice amounts and payment terms match contract / payment order (PO) provisions.
• Verifies the correctness of information for input into the General Ledger to ensure its compliance with OSCE Financial Rules and Regulations; investigates erroneous charges and takes the appropriate corrective accounting actions.
• Ensures that the balance of travel advances in excess of the amount of the travel claim is recovered and that remaining obligations pertain only to unpaid expenses.
2. Operational Advances (OA) management:
• Ensures proper use of operational advances, briefs OA holders on the respective financial regulations, clears and validates operational balances ensuring that financial rules and budgetary requirement have been met.
• Monitors expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels and examines the validity of requests for replenishment; perform a monthly reconciliation of the OA funds operated by field offices and of the operational advances issued to Mission members to ensure that their balances concur with the OSCE Finance database.
• Coordinates on all finance matters with field offices administrative / finance staff, follows up on deadlines, checks correctness of completed reports; corresponds with field offices to request missing supporting documents and to clarify discrepancies or anomalies.
3. Period closing responsibilities:
• Conducts account analysis and monthly reconciliation of accounts, advises National Finance Officer and / or Finance Officer on any outstanding items or discrepancies.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|– Ukrainian citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Ukraine;
– Completed secondary education, supplemented by specialized studies in Accountancy, Finance;
– Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in accounting work or book-keeping preferably in an international environment;
– Professional fluency in the English, Ukrainian and Russian languages, both oral and written;
– Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications. Knowledge of ERP systems is desirable;
– Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
– Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
– Cultural sensitivity and judgment;
– Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames.
HOW TO APPLY: