Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) opens position of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Officer
PMER Officer’s position is in the IFRC Country Office in Ukraine, Europe Regional Office, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. IFRC Office in Ukraine supports Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) in mobilizing international resources for programmes and emergency operations, assisting with technical capacities, supporting the NS in building, and strengthening institutional and technical capacities. IFRC Head of Country Office acts, in accordance with the Legal Status Agreement with the government of Ukraine, as a Representative to the public authorities.
Accountability and Reporting on the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Appeals and operations are the overall responsibility of the Head of Country Office. The PMER officer contributes towards the compilation of narrative standard and pledge-based reports on a timely basis to meet donor requirements and assists with the development of PMER processes for the IFRC supported operations in Ukraine. PMER Officer is responsible for planning process within the IFRC Country Office and coordinates development of the Operational Plan, emergency plan of actions together with IFRC Programme/Project Managers and Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) PMER and Project Counterpart(s). PMER Officer will support the URCS in organisingevaluations representing the IFRC Country Office in the process. In addition, the PMER Officer assists with ensuring effective implementation and efficiency of a PMER system tailored to the needs and available capacities of IFRC/URCS in consultation with the URCS counterparts. The PMER Officer assists in improving the capacity of the program staff of URCS on PMER and will report to the Head of Country Office. The PMER Officer is expected to assist HoCO in monitoring implementation of IFRC funded projects as per agreed KPIs.
- An Advanced University Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years field experience with a humanitarian or development organisation(s) working in developing country setting;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with an International Humanitarian Organisation in Planning, Reporting, Evaluation, Reporting and Programme design, monitoring, participatory needs assessment and data collection/analysis;
- 3 to 5 years project management experience;
- Eexperience in supporting and/or leading evaluations and using recommendations for developing effective accountability and transparency systems
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Familiarity with current international standards in accountability and transparency
2. Excellent stress management skills
3. Basic knowledge of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
4. Analytical and communication skills and ability to assimilate and process information for wide-ranging audiences
5. Proficiency and self-supporting in IT (Windows, Microsoft Office, Email, Internet, social network, etc.)
6. Good communication and report writing skills
7. Documentation preparation/presentation and computer-based production skills
8. Able to work independently and as part of the team
9. Ability to work well in a multicultural team
• Fluently spoken and written English
• Fluently spoken and written Ukrainian
• Good command of another language (Russian)
Job duties and responsibilities
• Assist Head of Country Office in developing and reviewing operational plans, including compilation, quality control and final editing of the package adhering standard planning guidelines shared by the Europe Regional Office.
• Development of PMER tools and guidance notes towards effective and efficient performance tracking and measurement.
• Participate and guide programme unit and URCS counterparts in planning processes (contingency, mid-term, long-term etc.) as required. Contribute to results oriented PMER programme systems, including log frames.
• To develop terms of reference for evaluations, project reviews and lesson learning workshops
• To ensure that all IFRC reporting requirements are met, ensuring coherence between narrative and financial reports
• Work with the IFRC Head of Country Office, IFRC Finance colleagues and URCS Project Managers/counterparts in the development of concept notes and funding proposals
• Responsible for the collection of data from the host National Society and IFRC programme managers.
• Represent the IFRC Ukraine Country Office at meetings and events, as needed and guided by the HoCO
• Serve as in-country focal point for quality and accountability, and monitoring and evaluation for the URCS/IFRC Programs, working with and coordinating other relevant interests of PRC, the IFRC Country Office in Ukraine and different National Societies.
• Responsible for production of accurate, quality and timely standard and pledge-based narrative reports for IFRC and for donors, working closely with finance staff to ensure coherence between narrative and financial reports and applying results-based system for planning, performance measurement, tracking, learning and accountability.
Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) PMER Development
• Work with the URCS leadership and technical units for developing tools, procedures, guidelines, and skills (through formal training courses, information sharing and continuous coaching) to facilitate effective and efficient results-based project planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
• Reviewing existing URCS data collection tools and methods, and support development of a standardised system of data collection, analysis, and reporting
• Working with the URCS colleagues to build understanding of accountability to various stakeholders
This is a full-time position and will work primarily (9.00 AM – 6.00 PM).
- Please send your resume with the position to the following address: [email protected],
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.