TERMS OF REFERENCE
COMPANY: Alinea International (Ukraine Office)
PROJECT: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Project office name: Policy Development/National Strategic Planning
Partner Ministry: Government of Ukraine (multiple Ministries)
Position: Policy Development/National Strategic Planning Expert
|ToR Date of Issuance:||April 29, 2021|
|Due Date for Applications:||May 14, 2021|
Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to:
- increase their capacity in the development of policies/reforms, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation using the Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation
- implement a citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology as stated in Ukraine’s legislation
To achieve these objectives, SURGe Project is looking for а Policy Development/National Strategic Planning Expert who will be working with the team to help design policies/reforms using RBM and GBA+.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday. The expert will be based in Kyiv.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Design and implement improved processes of policy development, strategic planning and monitoring in selected Ministries according to RBM and GBA+;
- Provide guidance to Ministries during policy development, strategic planning and monitoring.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
Experience in governance:
- Minimum 5 years of advisory/project management experience at managerial positions in governance, including managerial experience in designing and implementing policies/reforms;
- Understanding of Results-Based Management (RBM), the government policy making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine;
- Proven experience in designing new processes, development of new systems, processes and legislation;
- Understanding of budgeting/costing related to public policies/governance: experience in aligning plans with the budget;
- Experience in development of indicators (KPIs) and setting up monitoring systems; Preferred: experience in designing surveys and other data collection instruments;
- Strong ethics, well-balanced and mature personality, positive attitude to the job; Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly; Fluent English, strong writing skills.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
- Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on May 14, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & letter of interest where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
All submissions must include:
- Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
- Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to state Policy Development/National Strategic Planning in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.