Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Private Sector Engagement and Sustainability Program Officer for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Sr. Program Manager/Anti-Corruption Expert
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson and Sumy, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
The Private Sector Engagement and Sustainability Program Officer will advise CSO partners with private sector engagement mechanisms, develop local capacity to ensure long-term civic engagement in democratic reforms. S/he will coordinate efforts in implementation of ENGAGE sustainability strategy, roll out innovative funding mechanisms, ensure close cooperation with international strategic investors in Ukraine’s civil society activism. In coordination with other relevant staff, s/he will develop and execute tailored strategies to proactively engage private sector actors in partner CSOs activities which demonstrate actual or potential opportunities for private sector engagement. The PSE and Sustainability program Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with potential private sector partners, explore domestic and international private sector engagements to mobilize further resources. S/he will report to the Sr. Program Manager/A-C Expert.
- Oversee the implementation of the ENGAGE Sustainability Strategy
- Review CSO partners sustainability plans and support them during implementation
- Serve as focal point for networking and practice exchange workshops of ENGAGE partners on sustainability
- Develop a comprehensive sustainability plan which will identify and implement key steps to ensure civic education activities (both formal and informal) continue after the ENGAGE ends
- Prepare for piloting one or more sustainability mechanisms/pooled funding models
- Advise partners on domestic resource mobilization
- Demonstrate CSO partners opportunities for private sector engagement
- Serve as focal point for ENGAGE’s innovative pooled grant-making mechanism designed to support the long-term sustainability of civic advocacy, watchdogging, and activism
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with potential private sector partners, explore domestic and international private sector engagements to mobilize further resources
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least BA in international relations, business, communications or related field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing relationships between public and private sector clients
- Experience developing and implementing sustainability plans
- Proven experience partnering with private sector actors
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English and Ukrainian.
- Prior experience working on programs in relevant areas.
- Strong client relationships management experience.
- Experience with international donor-funded programs.
- Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with “PSE and Sustainability Program Officer” in the subject line by COB June 15, 2021.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.