Title: Program Assistant
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance, USAID/UNITY (Mriemo ta diemo) Program
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Deadline: May 15, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Starting August 2020, IREX implements the USAID-funded project, Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) Activity (програма «Мріємо та діємо»). This five-year activity is designed to foster vested ownership among Ukrainian youth in their country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
IREX Ukraine seeks a responsible and collaborative Program Assistant (PA) to provide day to day support to UNITY senior management and programmatic support to technical teams. Reporting to DCOP, PA will be in charge of administrative tasks – correspondence, scheduling, paperwork flow, meetings and events coordination, translation, liaising with vendors and program participants, as well as programmatic tasks – providing input to design and implementation of program activities. S/he will ensure smooth functioning of UNITY team and assist specific components on as needed basis. The position is based in Kyiv with some travel to target regions within the country.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a full range of program support to senior management;
- Help in organization of program meetings and events (trainings, workshops, working group meetings, conferences, etc.);
- Serve as point of contact for general UNITY enquiries and route requests to relevant team members;
- Schedule meetings, send out invitations to events, coordinate use of conference room;
- Maintain UNITY calendar, ensure timely input by IREX and partners, track upcoming deadlines and milestones and notify UNITY senior managers;
- Register, organize, keep track, and file UNITY documentation (applications, proposals, concept papers);
- Route incoming and outgoing mail and arrange for pickup of express mail packages, deliveries and dispatches;
- Maintain a directory of contact information for government officials, program beneficiaries (hromadas, subawaredees) and other partners for use by UNITY team;
- English/Ukrainian translation and interpretation;
- Manage IREX driver for UNITY tasks;
- Take notes;
- Provide logistical support for UNITY project staff and events;
- Liaise with Financial and Administrative Team on payments, contracts, vendors and consultants, ensure all necessary documents are obtained and/or sent out;
- Provide programmatic contribution to design and organization of activities;
- Participate in program site visits, communicate with program beneficiaries as requested;
- Correspond with partners and beneficiaries in preparation for program activities, as requested;
- Provide administrative support with payments, contracts etc.
- Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree, preferably in Humanities or Social Studies;
- Minimum of two years of experience, preferably in NGO sector and technical assistance projects;
- Knowledge of MS Office applications;
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- A positive and cooperative attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team;
- Strong communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations;
- Polite and pleasant phone manner;
- Quick learner;
- Fluency (written and oral) in Ukrainian, Russian and English;
- Experience with translation/interpretation preferrable;
- Alumna/us of the U.S. Department of State sponsored exchange programs is a plus.
- Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Program Assistant – UNITY” in the subject line to r[email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application deadline: May 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.