The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the United Kingdom Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the position of Program Assistant for the Citizen Engagement Program.
About the Citizen Engagement Program: Citizen Engagement Program is working with the Ukrainian CSOs to promote citizen engagement in political processes and national reforms in Ukraine and build dialogue with various stakeholders in order to increase citizen participation and their impact on local and national decision making.
JOB TITLE: Citizen Engagement Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support development and implementation of NDI’s Citizen Engagement program in Ukraine;
- Contribute to the planning and logistical and administrative support to the organizing of offline and online program-related activities;
- Contribute to analysis of political and civic context in Ukraine;
- Contribute to regular program reports of the Citizen Engagement team;
- Build and maintain relationships with civic partners;
- Contribute to the review of partners’ reports and ensure their timely submission;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of program activities and civic partners’ activities;
- Provide oral interpretation and written translation from English into Ukrainian and vice versa as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Linguistics or Public Administration or related field;
- Keen interest in civil society development, political processes and national reforms;
- Excellent understanding of political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Work experience in a related field is a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Ukrainian and English is required;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite, Google Meet, Zoom and other online platforms)
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits. Actual salaries will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
- This is a great opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join the NDI team, please submit your CV and motivation letter in PDF as one file in English to [email protected] by COB on May 10, 2021. Please put “Citizen Engagement Program Assistant” in the email subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test at the end of May. Successful finalists will be invited for an interview no later than mid June.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.