|Position Title:||Program Coordinator|
|Reports To:||Program Manager|
|Position Location:||Kyiv, Ukraine|
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Coordinator for its project Learn to Discern for Education, Decision Makers and Journalists (. Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of Program Manager and support implementation of program activities and carry out a variety of programmatic and administrative tasks.
Special focus in all activities will be related to the coordination of training programs, online activities for participants and promotion project materials of media literacy for different target audiences: educators, journalists, policy makers and wide audience. .
The position will be based in Kyiv with frequent travel throughout the country (depending on the severity of COVID). This position is contingent upon funding.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and coordinate project components, like curriculum development, training design, grant program, promotion campaigns, online platform development;;
- Organize trainings, workshops, conferences and other events;
- Coordinate the work of experts and other contractors responsible for trainings, design, printing and shipment of materials;
- Communication with participants of the trainings, providing logistical support;
- Support implementation of contracts, vendor and consultant agreements, and other contractual and procurement support;
- Work closely and coordinate with the other team members, contractors and partners from Ministry of Education, Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine, Ministry of Digital Transformation (MoDT), PR-agency, donors and others;
- Participate in preparation of program reports for the donor and internal ones;
- Update the supervisor regularly on the progress of the project, milestones, and results of the promotion campaign, numbers of teachers involved in internal communication etc;
- Travel to regions to attend program events and meetings;
- Organize and conduct, if required, program trainings, events, and activities, like an online conference for program beneficiaries;
- Day-to-day programmatic, logistical, and administrative support, coordination of grant programs.
Including liaising with Grants/Finance Coordinator and assisting with financial reporting;
- Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and assist with technical reporting;
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience, preferably in NGO sector and technical assistance projects;
- Background in media literacy work or study is a strong advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- University degree – minimum bachelor level;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Must be skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Advanced English preferred;
- Fluent in Ukrainian language.
- Interest in media literacy, critical thinking and basic knowledge in this field is needed;
- Ability to travel.
- Please email your cover letter and resume with “PC – for L2D-Higher Education” in the subject line to [email protected] by 18 am on May 18, 2021. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.