The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a full-time national staff member for its Political Parties program.
NDI Political Parties Program shares skills and expertise with existing political parties as well as newly emerged political actors that are open to democratic values. We work to improve the quality of political representation by assisting political parties in creating sustainable party infrastructure, developing inclusive policies, competing effectively in campaigns, governing transparently with the input of citizens and creating political platforms that are responsive to the concerns of Ukrainian citizens.
The Program Manager will fully support the implementation of NDI’s political party activities under the primary direction of the Senior Program Manager. The Program Manager provides analytical, programmatic and administrative support to NDI’s party work.
Job Title (s): Program Manager, NDI Ukraine
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Public Administration or related subject.
● At least 5 years of experience in political party development, political systems/processes, political campaigning and/or direct work with local or national elected officials
● Excellent understanding of the political landscape in Ukraine and an ability to quickly access emerging political developments and make recommendations for responding
● Ability to navigate complex, sensitive and fluid political dynamics
● Experience with developing, designing and/or delivering educational or training programs
● Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with high level principals such as elected officials, political party leaders and or donors
● Experience in all aspects of program cycle, including design, coordination, operations, monitoring and evaluation is desirable
● Experience working to promote inclusion, especially of women and other marginalized communities is desirable
● Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis.
● Demonstrated success working in a team environment
● Fluency in Ukrainian and English
● Excellent written and oral communication skills required
● Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite)
● Willing to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic
Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Contribute to management and implementation of NDI’s Political Parties program in Ukraine;
● Monitor, provide analysis and make recommendations related to political developments and trends in real time
● Develop and deliver training curriculum based on programmatic needs, create agendas, design toolkits, manuals and other materials as needed to support program objectives
● Take a leading role in program design, development and implementation of strategic and operational plans
● Conduct meetings, workshops, trainings and other events to develop capacity of program partners
● Build and maintain strong working relationships with party leaders and elected officials
● Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a pdf format in English by email to the following email address: [email protected] Please indicate the position Program Manager, Political Parties program in the subject line of the e-mail.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is March 5th, 2021. Only selected candidates will be invited for the written test.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.