Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) is looking for a Programme Assistant to support Danish Red Cross (DRC) mission in Ukraine.
- Position: Programme Assistant
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Job terms: Full-time
- Starting date: End August 2020
- Duration: 4 months with strong possibility of further extension 2021
Based in URCS National Committee in Kyiv, the Programme Assistant supports DRC Mission in Ukraine with program management, financial and administrative support to meet the joint DRC-URCS objectives. Employed by URCS, the Programme Assistant will be reporting to the Danish Red Cross Country Manager and work in close support to DRC staff, and in cooperation with URCS and partners.
Education and professional qualifications
- University degree, preferably in the field of Business or Public Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences or equivalent
- At least two years of professional experience in Project Management or programme administration, preferably in Non-Profit Organization
- Work experience in international organization or context is an asset
- Excellent written and spoken English with translation capacities
- Willingness to be an active team player
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with people and colleagues at different levels
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to challenging environment
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the projects and portfolio
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services
- Ensure proper filing of project documentation as per regulations
- Prepare and disseminate communication materials about projects
- Cooperate with URCS International Relations department and provide requested support
Finance management support
- Record day to day financial transactions in the CO cashbook
- Check invoice and prepare accordingly vouchers
- Ensure proper filing of financial supporting documents in office
- Support Finance Manager in checking URCS vouchers according to donor’s compliance
- Support delegates on financial related issues in coordination with the Finance Manager.
- Check if the delegates advance settlements are backed up with sufficient and relevant support documents
- Support Travel expenses and documents filings
- Support monthly reconciliations under Finance Manager responsibility
- Ensure effective admin and logistics support to day to day activities of DRC mission including meetings, workshops and field visits.
- Coordinate and support external visitors’ venue in Ukraine
- Ensure support to the good establishment and follow up of Agreements, MoU, Contracts (…)
- Ensure key Human Resources documentation of the mission is available and filed
- Serve as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with URCS, IFRC office, individuals, and institutions on administrative and operational matters concerning the country office
- Manage the proper filing, storage and security of documents
- Ensure safety and regular maintenance and insurance of all office equipment/assets
- Provide briefing to delegates and other staff on administrative and logistics issues
- Provide high qualitative oral and written translation as per needed
- Provide required logistics support to delegates and DRC CO visitors including visas, residence permits, accreditation, accommodation, travel arrangements and purchasing of items as required
- Procurement of required goods and services for Country Office and programmes as required following DRC guidelines/policies and practices
- Keep updated list of suppliers/service providers and keep track of all services
- Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter in English by 14.08.2020 to [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for interviews.