You are a strong professional, energetic, meticulous and organised, with a strong experience in programme management, child protection, social protection and/or development aid. If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact, this challenge is for you.
Start date as soon as possible
Contract One-year, local, full-time Employment Contract, renewable.
Location Kyiv, Mariupol, Donetsk region or Sievierodonetsk, Luhansk region – with frequent travel between Tdh offices
Deadline for the application: April 15th, 2021
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND UKRAINE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
In Ukraine, Terre des hommes have a coordination office in Kiev, and it is active in Luhansk and Donetsk regions, with field offices in Severodonetsk and Mariupol, supporting the victims of the armed conflict.
Tdh provides psychological support and creates child-friendly spaces for them, trains local professionals to better protect children and their families.
The Programme Manager supervises various projects within the designated programmatic area and assists
with the development and adjustments of project’s strategies to achieve their goals. The holder of the position will have a key role in building the country’s knowledge and network, coordinating with the programme’s stakeholders, recruiting personnel, adapting delegation policies in collaboration with the country leader(s) and the programme team.
- Manages the overall development and implementation of projects’ activities with Project Managers in fulfilment of the country objectives and in accordance with national legislation;
- Participates in fundraising efforts, the planning of the new project proposals
- Sound liaison with local authorities, local NGO’s, community groups and beneficiaries
- Actively participates in capacity building initiatives including basic and advanced training with a view to supporting and coaching programme professionals and community members;
- Supports the initial phases of new projects in scope by participating in the recruitment of staff and regular liaison with government bodies and other actors in the country;
- When relevant, manages partner organisations and ensures that partner activities are effectively and timely implemented and fulfil donor obligations;
- Follows Tdh PCM guidelines for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation under the direction of country leader;
- Is responsible for logistic and national legal clearance support in contractual work;
- Applies consistently the policies of Terre des hommes related to child safeguarding, gender and diversity, safety and security and anti-fraud/Corruption.
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field. Law and /or Economics specialization is a strong advantage
- Strong expertise in the field of child rights and child protection, migration, juvenile justice, social inclusion programs
- Minimum 5 years of experience as programme or project manager, preferably with an international non-governmental organization;
- Experience working with projects funded from institutional donors such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, UNICEF, other UN agencies
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management, ideally on European Commission funded projects
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills: high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability
- Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to [email protected] Please include “Programme Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.