|Position Title||:||Programme Operations Specialist|
|Duty Station||:||Kherson, Ukraine|
|Classification||:||General Service Staff, Grade G6|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed-term, one year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||25 October 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of the Programme Officer (TRD), the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of IOM Ukraine’s Emergency and Stabilization efforts carried out by the Project Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the Emergency and Stabilization Unit in the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of IOM’s activities and project activities that are managed from the Kherson office;
- Support in the coordination with local authorities and other key stakeholders and counterparts in order to maintain a smooth line of communication;
- Participate in and represent IOM at coordination meetings with other UN counterparts and humanitarian actors who are active in the area, cluster and working group meetings, general coordination meetings and other inter-agency fora;
- Under the guidance of the Programme Officer (TRD), lead the needs assessment and verification process, and provide technical support to the development of project proposals, strategic planning, as well as communication/visibility documents;
- Work together with IOM’s monitoring and evaluation team to develop M&E frameworks tailored to the specific project activities carried out and direct the implementation of post distribution and regular monitoring accordingly;
- Participate in the drafting of ToRs for Call for Partners and in the selection process of suitable implementing partners for the implementation of project activities, as well as develop the related contracting documents in coordination with the relevant units at the Country Office;
- Gather, analyze and present relevant project-related data necessary to assess the progress against set project indicators and understand project impact;
- Develop a mechanism to facilitate regular and ad hoc reporting on IOM’s activities for both internal and external purposes, including the compilation of cluster updates, briefings, press briefing notes, publications and articles, as well as project interim and final reports to the donors;
- Draft the initial versions of ad hoc, interim and final narrative project reports, project proposals, articles and other communications- and visibility- related text and follow up on the editing and review of the same in coordination with the Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator, as well as with relevant staff at the Country Office;
- Undertake regular and ad hoc duty travels to field locations o pertinent to the overall programming, the monitoring of the implementing partners performance and the evaluation of the impact of IOM’s intervention in the targeted areas and communities;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least six years of relevant work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in scientific disciplines, public administration, political science, economics, or law) from an accredited academic institution and at least four years of responsible work experience.
- Project development and implementation experience is an asset;
- Experience working with authorities and civil society;
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations.
- Proven drafting, writing, and reporting skills, confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of humanitarian activities and context is advantageous;
- Knowledge of the socio-political and geographical context of the NGCA.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and commited manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Resource Mobilization: Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearance.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (http://iom.org.ua/en/personal_history
or iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls) to [email protected]
- Please indicate in your email where you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications is25 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.