We offer a post of Project Assistant. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Assistant – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to support preparation, implementation and coordination of EU-funded projects with a focus on activities in the areas of education and research programmes.
Functions and duties
Programme/project management (finance, budget and control)
- To support preparation, monitoring and coordination of projects in the areas of responsibility including use of relevant IT-tools.
- To support and initiate launching of relevant selection and procurement processes.
- To analyse and assess project results and contribute to overall data-gathering and assessment report.
- To interact and co-ordinate with beneficiary institutions, other donors and other relevant stakeholders in the areas of responsibility.
Evaluation and Audit
- To assist and contribute to evaluation and audit activities initiated by the Commission and other EU bodies.
Information, Communication, Publications
- To contribute to the External Assistance Management Report and other relevant reporting processes in the area of activity.
- To contribute to information and communication activities and presentations of best practice.
- To provide timely inputs to briefings in the areas of activity and support HQ and other missions of relevance.
- Monitor and report regularly and in a timely fashion on sectoral issues.
Contribution to policy development
- To support programming, identification and formulation processes in the areas of responsibility.
- To participate in and support preparation of policy dialogue with relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in the areas of responsibility.
The successful candidate will be based in Kyiv. Working time: 37.5 working hours/week. The contract (“local agent” type contract – Group II) will be concluded as unlimited term contract.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has an excellent written and spoken English; fluent in Ukrainian and Russian;
- University education with at least bachelor degree;
- Job-Related experience: at least 3 years of experience of working in the areas of international relations and/or project management, preferably for or with International Organisations.
- Good understanding of project management and coordination issues
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of IT tools
- Good drafting skills and ability to summarise complex issues in a concise and readable fashion
- Understanding of EU external assistance would be a strong asset
How to apply
- Please send your application and supporting documents to [email protected](link sends e-mail)The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & application letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you found out about this vacancy.
After the evaluation of all applications received is over, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews and possibly a written test. An interview will be held in the Delegation’s premises located at 101, Volodymyrska St., Kyiv.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to [email protected](link sends e-mail)
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which includes an interview – during this phase the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 29 January 2020 at 18:00 Kyiv local time