Ukraine and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the World Bank) have signed the Loan Agreement 9175–UA in the amount of US $100 million for the Eastern Ukraine: Reconnect, Recover, Revitalize (3R) Project (the Project).
The Project Objective is to improve transport connectivity and promote agricultural sector recovery in project areas with the active engagement of conflict-affected communities.
The Project includes four Parts: Component 1: RECONNECT – Road Investments to Link Rural Communities to Processing, Markets, and Services; Component 2: RECOVER – Agriculture Investments to Support Sector Recovery and Modernization; Component 3: REVITALIZE – Implementation Support Platform and Component 4: Contingent Emergency Response Component (CERC).
The Component 1 of the Project will be implemented by the State Road Agency of Ukraine (UAD).
The implementing agency for Components 2, 3 and 4 is the Ministry for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine (MRTOT). As of requirements of the Loan Agreement, MRTOT established a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to conduct a day-to-day Project management and coordination in disbursement, procurement, financial management, reporting and other Project related activities.
Project Assistant shall be responsible for provision of assistance to MRTOT PIU team during implementation of Reconnect, Recover, Revitalize (3R) Project.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Project Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- provision of assistance to the PIU in performance of daily managerial and other tasks and other assignments related to implementation of the Project;
- follow up of documents related to implementation of the Project;
- independently undertake diverse and complex work assignments, interpreting existing procedures and processes and application to assist with the implementation of the PIU work program
- provision of support to PIU in coordination of work of international and local experts during preparation of studies and other documents agreed with MRTOT and the World Bank;
- provide strong research support and use relevant IT software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data
- provision of assistance to PIU in preparation and planning of actions related to implementation of the Project such as meetings, seminars, business trips, etc.;
- preparation of draft documents, presentations;
- keeping the distribution lists, phone books and addresses of contact persons under the Project;
- preparation of information upon request of Project Coordinator and PIU Head.
Project Assistant will report to Project Coordinator and PIU Head.
The Consultant shall submit monthly reports in hard copy, unless the Covid-19 pandemic or other restrictions on travel, meetings or social distancing constrain the consultant’s ability to submit hard copies in which case soft copies will be acceptable. The reports shall include description of services provided by the Consultant during the reporting period.
MRTOT shall timely provide the Consultant with information necessary to carry out his/her assignment.
MRTOT shall provide the Consultant with a workplace, including equipment to carry out his/her functions (PC, communication and office equipment).
- University degree;
- At least 2 years of work experience with similar scope of services;
- Work experience in or with international institutions will provide an advantage;
- Work experience with agricultural sector will provide an advantage;
- Fluent English and Ukrainian language;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, e-mail and databases).
PLACE, DURATION AND REMUNERATION
The services shall be provided in the city of Kyiv during the implementation period and until the closing date of the Project that is November 30, 2025. Project Assistant should be required to take business trips to other regions of Ukraine. The services will be provided on a full-time basis with the probation period of 3 months.
Main location: Kyiv, Ukraine, administrative building of MRTOT. Remote working may also be required in light of Covid-19 or other related restrictions on travel, meetings or social distancing. The Consultant shall provide his/her services on full-time basis.
- CVs must be delivered to the following e-mail: buk[email protected], [email protected] with the subject: «Individual consultant — Project Assistant» in English and Ukrainian languages until August 24, 2021.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Candidates are requested to submit a copy of national passport or other relevant and valid ID document. Other supporting documents may be attached to the CV to the discretion of the applicants but shall not exceed 25 Mbytes.
Also, in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Personal Data Protection” dated 01.06.10 2297-VI, candidates must provide a letter of consent for the processing, use, dissemination and access to personal data in free form.
A consultant will be selected under IC selection method as set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers”, dated July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020 (Procurement Regulations).
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on Conflict of Interest.