Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) and the Emergency and Stabilization (E&S) Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of the Portfolio Specialist (Reconciliation), the Project Assistant will be responsible for providing necessary support and contributions to the implementation of IOM’s emergency and stabilization efforts.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the overall implementation of Emergency and Stabilization efforts.
- Aid project specialists in contracting partners, assist in procurement of goods and services.
- Support project specialists in regular reporting (IOM internal, IOM external, UN-related, including 3W and situation reporting), correspondence, publication and presentation materials.
- Assist in the logistics and organization of Emergency and Stabilization-related activities and events (meetings, presentations, discussions, visits, etc.).
- Provide informal interpretation and written translation (English/Ukrainian, Russian as well) when necessary.
- Draft official and unofficial correspondence in English and Ukrainian (Russian if necessary).
- Take notes at relevant programme events.
- Render support to programme visibility as necessary.
- Undertake duty travel within Ukraine, to areas selected for Emergency and Stabilization programming, on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma/certificate with at least four years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in public administration, law, political science, international relations or other related field) from an accredited institution with at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with Ukrainian government and civil society
- Knowledge of humanitarian activities and context is advantageous
- Confident user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced with organizational and administrative duties.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Resource Mobilization – Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_2016.xls) to [email protected] by 26 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
- Please indicate in your email where you saw this job posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.