UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Perform administrative support functions to facilitate the implementation of the project activities, including personnel matters, attendance records, facilitating missions, office maintenance, reception/registry;
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by following established operational rules and procedures, including preparation of the supporting documentation for contracts and payments;
- Contribute to the project annual and detailed implementation work plans and reports preparation in quality and timely manner based on the requirements of the UNDP and programme/ project donors;
- Support in initiating, review, processing and following-up on actions related to the administration of the project’s human resource (HR) activities, including recruitment of personnel (and consultants), selection, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN/UNDP rules and procedures;
- Maintenance of personnel files;
- Maintenance of continued cooperation with UNDP in coordination of all HR-related issues; participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of project related database and files; keep accurate electronic and paper filing, information and records systems;
- Preparation, implementation and follow up[??], take meeting minutes etc;
- Provide logistical support, including travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, tickets, etc. to the project personnel;
- Facilitate and provide full support to project monitoring, evaluation and audit missions, as well as missions of experts;
- Keep updated project inventory and assure that UNDP regulations on the equipment use, storage and proper maintenance are adhered. Assure that the project equipment transfer/disposal is being done in accordance with UNDP rules;
- Maintain the database of all stakeholders and partners and maintain contacts with relevant partners on a variety of the related issues;
- Liaise with UNDP Operations as well as with the other implementing agencies (UNFPA, OHCHR) on a variety of the operations related issues: procurement, financial management and HR;
- Provide assistance with documents translation and interpretation as needed;
- Maintain stationery and office supplies, purchase office equipment when needed;
- Handle project telephone enquiries and correspondence.
- Maintain dialogue on a regular basis with the other UN agencies (UNFPA, OHCHR) engaged in the project implementation;
- Participation in the trainings for the project personnel;
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Provide support to various project activities at the national and sub-national levels;
- Provide support to communication activities and events of the project;
- Participate in project activities (meetings, round tables, conferences, other public activities) and support sharing of information developed through them among all relevant partners.
- Full and appropriate use of UNDP Programme Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of the Project and its components.
- Project implementation plan is fully and timely implemented;
- Relevant outputs of the project annual work plan are fully and timely implemented.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Basic research and analytical skills;
- Results-based approach;
- Strong communication skills;
- Client orientation;
- Quality assurance;
- Self-management and emotional intelligence;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with minimum or no supervision as well as part of a team;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise;
- High level of creativity and excellent writing skills;
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions;
- Gender mainstreaming
- Knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues and ability to apply it to strategic and/or practical situations, e.g. integrating into the project/programme cycle, including design, planning, and implementation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in business administration, management, economics, human resources, finance, accounting, social sciences or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in the field of administration, finance, programme/project support or other relevant fields;
- Experience of working in international organizations/projects (preferably in the area of democratic governance, social cohesion youth policy etc.) will be considered as an advantage;
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP procedures and experience with ATLAS would be an asset;
- Experience in the usage of of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel etc.); experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.