Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
Ukraine committed to building the transborder infrastructure (13 checkpoints) across the EU-Ukraine and the Moldova-UA border. The development of cross-border cooperation is an essential object of current regional policy and a key priority of the European Union’s neighbourhood policy. The basic principles of cross-border cooperation of Ukraine with the member states of the European Union are defined by Chapter 27 of the EU-UA Association Agreement.
– improved infrastructure at 13 checkpoints on the borders with Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Moldova and Belorussia;
– fewer obstacles for business and travellers, both foreign and Ukrainian;
– better connectivity for the local population;
– increasing of export.
To support GoU office in coordinating this project, SURGe is looking for a Project management expert who will draft a detailed Action plan – a roadmap for the development of each of the checkpoints and provide expert support during its implementation.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
1. Assess the current state of implementation of the 13 priority checkpoints.
2. Create an Action plan of development and reconstruction for 13 priority checkpoints.
3. Provide support at all stages for the proper implementation of the Action plan.
4. Set up adequate monitoring and evaluation system for the project.
5. Organize meetings on project implementation issues.
6. Ensure coordination and cooperation between all participants of the project, including governmental and non-governmental organizations, during the project.
7. Prepare analytical materials regarding project implementation.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
1. Higher education.
2. Experience in project management not less than three years.
3. Dynamic, independent, and highly-motivated manager.
4. Significant organizational skills, multitasking.
5. Strong business analytics skills.
6. Critical thinking and problem-solving.
7. Good command of Ukrainian (must have) and English languages (must have).
8. Understanding of Ukraine’s governance processes would be a plus.
9. Experience of working with International Assistance Projects would be a plus.
10. Citizen of Ukraine.
- Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on March 05, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest in English (max. 500 words).
- Please, ensure to state the Project Management Expert (Border infrastructure development) in the e-mail subject line
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & letter of interest where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
- Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered. Please, note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.