USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity, implemented by DAI Global LLC, is looking for a Project Manager.
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
DAI is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the design and manage implementation of a project to assist the Government of Ukraine assess, evaluate, and mitigate current cybersecurity risks within its existing information infrastructure such as telecommunications and network technologies; build in cybersecurity considerations into the procurement of IT and telecom systems; and, increase the capacity of key government agencies to manage cybersecurity risks associated with future technology developments. S/he will also provide senior level support for work planning, outreach with partners, building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships, sub-awardee and consultant management, and development of high-quality program deliverables.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and USAID to scope and identify potential project activities that will contribute to the attainment of the project objectives;
- Establish and maintain relationships with target partners and beneficiaries throughout the period of performance;
- Oversee and manage program deliverables assigned to project subcontractors or vendors;
- As needed, supervise the work of a project coordinator, providing mentorship, guidance, oversight, and ensuring all administrative and logistical arrangements are well managed;
- Develop and draft project concept notes and proposals as required;
- Summarize meetings, agreements, and next steps for COP, DCOP, subcontractors, vendors and counterparts as appropriate and required;
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations on financial oversight for related activities, including developing and managing budgets;
- Provide inputs and support for drafting project deliverables and reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc requests;
- Identify and draft success stories and talking points, as directed by the COP, in consultation with USAID;
- Provide inputs to monitoring and evaluation activities and communications products as required;
- Carry out other duties that are consistent with overall focus of the assignment as assigned by the COP, in consultation with USAID.
Work Location: The Project Manager will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine and will report directly to the COP.
- An advanced degree in public policy or administration, international relations, political science, computer science, information systems, or other relevant field, and at least five years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope; or a Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of years of experience working on programs of similar technical scope;
- Experience serving as a technical leader on cybersecurity, digital policy, telecommunications and network technologies, capacity building or related topics;
- Experience building relationships with and working with government officials, critical infrastructure operators, and other stakeholders;
- Experience working in Ukraine with familiarity of its telecommunications and cybersecurity landscape desirable;
- Experience managing a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver on program objectives;
- Experience managing and mentoring staff;
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded activities and knowledge of USAID policies, strategies and regulations preferred;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, collaborative, and creative;
- Strong writing and communications skills;
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in Ukrainian and Russian strongly desired.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.