OFFICE: NATO Liaison Office (NLO) under the NATO Representation to Ukraine
TITLE: Project Officer, NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme
GRADE: LES 5
WORKING HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 27 February 2020 (COB)
The NATO Liaison Office, NATO Representation to Ukraine in Kyiv represents NATO in Ukraine, facilitates political-military dialogue and practical cooperation under the NATO-Ukraine Commission in support of Ukraine’s efforts to join NATO, and enhances civil and military cooperation between NATO and the Government of Ukraine in support of Euro-Atlantic integration goals described in the Annual National Plan.
The NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is an integrated part of the NATO Liaison Office to Ukraine, mainly aimed at providing training to civilian personnel within the wider defence and security sector. The PDP is strategically linked to the Government Office for Co-ordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and its activities are conducted in close co-ordination with our Ukrainian partner institutions.
The PDP is a well-positioned strategic and fast developing programme with very high ambitions of meeting Ukrainian demands for training in support of reforms. This announcement presents a challenging opportunity for a motivated professional to develop and deliver the projects to the Programme.
2. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
• possess a first level university degree;
• have a minimum of three years of work experience in project management;
• have a minimum of one year of experience in human resource management and/or training and education programmes;
• some previous experience drafting reports and memos, and making presentations;
• languages: English or French, level 4 (Upper Intermediate); Local language(s), level 6 (Proficient);
• have excellent computer skills (office applications);
• have no criminal record and pass security clearance.
The following would be considered an advantage:
• previous work experience in a similar position;
• previous work experience in an international organization, embassy, or a military environment;
• flexibility to work outside of normal working hours when necessary.
3. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Initiate, plan, implement, evaluate and close projects;
• Support the day-to-day implementation of assigned projects;
• Represent projects with third parties (NATO Headquarters, Allied and Partner Embassies, international organisations, national partners);
• Conduct written and oral business communication, prepare events, meetings, and visits in the frame of specific projects;
• Translate correspondence and non-technical texts from English into local language(s) and vice versa;
• Maintain a professional, courteous and responsible client-oriented manner and maintain the absolute confidentiality and security of NATO information;
• Perform other related duties.
The Project Officer will work under overall responsibility of Head of the NLO and will report to Defence Institution and Capacity Building Team Leader for the Comprehensive Assistance Package (CAP) for Ukraine in NATO Operations Division through the PDP Senior Programme Officer.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
• Achievement: Works to meet standards.
• Clarity and Accuracy: Monitors and checks work or information.
• Customer Service Orientation: Discovers and meets customer needs.
• Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations.
• Initiative: Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation.
• Organizational Commitment: Supports the organization.
• Self-Control: Responds calmly.
• Teamwork: Cooperates.
6. CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION PACKAGE
For the selected candidate, we can offer an attractive package including competitive social benefits (health care including health and accident insurance), generous leave package, and the opportunity to work in a very inspiring international environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year full time contract, renewable subject to continued programme funding and satisfactory job performance.
7. HOW TO APPLY
- Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
- Please indicate “NATO-PDP Project Officer” in the subject line of the email.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & letter of interest where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Please attach the following materials (in English):
• a CV/Resume;
• a short personal statement highlighting how the candidate meets qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement (maximum one page);
• at least one letter of reference including referee’s contact details, preferably from a previous or current employer.
The deadline for submission of the required documents is 27 February 2020 COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Earlier applications are strongly encouraged. Only electronic applications will be considered.