TERMS OF REFERENCES
|Title of Position:
Estimated Start Date:
Estimated End Date:
Closing date for applications:
Emergency and Stabilization Unit, IOM Ukraine
Consultant (open to national consultants only)
As soon as possible
December 31, 2020
10 July, 2020
Background of the Consultancy: The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine is set against a backdrop of a country that has been affected by six years of armed conflict, an underfunded health system, and an ageing population. In the conflict-affected oblasts, Donetsk and Luhansk, there is a very high proportion of elderly people (36 per cent of total population), many of whom live in remote settlements with limited services and access to existing ones.In addition to physical health needs, COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the psychological wellbeing of population through increased fear, anxiety, confusion, frustration, anger, and withdrawal.
IOM Ukraine will contribute to the Government of Ukraine’s efforts to effectively prepare and respond to the impact of COVID-19 in conflict-affected areas. It will do so through the provision of essential hygiene, mental health and psychosocial (MHPSS) support and individualized assistance to individuals that are at risk of trafficking in persons , through support to vulnerable returnees who are at risk of exploitation and abuse, IDPs and other conflict-affected individuals in the government-controlled area (GCA) of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Nature of theConsultancy:Under the overall supervision of the Emergency and Stabilization ProgrammeOfficer, TRD Programme Officer and the direct supervision of the Community StabilizationProject Specialist, the Psychologist will provide individual and group consultations over the phone and through online platforms to project beneficiaries. Provision of face-to-face counseling is subject to the lifting of quarantine restrictions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support Community Stabilization Project Specialist to identify the groups most impacted by COVID 19 to be targeted for MHPSS services and suggest outreach mechanisms for MHPSS support staff to further contact potential beneficiaries.
- Provide IOM and hotline consultants with a plan of counseling provision with corresponding SoPs and referral pathways for cases that require more specialist services (suicide behavior, GBV etc.).
- In conjunction with the CSPS, identify most impacted and isolated locations and social institutions to be targeted for MHPSS capacity building. Develop training for MHPSS hotline staff to assist in managing incoming calls and identify most at-risk individuals who require emergency psychological interventions. Develop and provide training for community MHPSS workers to ensure that capacity to manage mental health and wellbeing of future waves is present within local community.
- Conduct individual consultations over the phone and through online platforms to project beneficiaries.
- Conduct group online consultations to project beneficiaries on selected topics.
- Conduct face-to-face individual and group counseling, subject to favorable epidemiological conditions.
- Provide monthly reports identifying the most common trends to help better identify current and future needs and direct training and community level interventions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Call for consultants
The Consultant should meet the following requirements:
- Advanced degree in a Psychology, Psychiatry or other related area is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the provision of individual and group psychological services to project target groups.
- Experience of working with vulnerable populations preferably affected by conflict and experience in developing and delivering tailored training.
- Living in Luhansk and Donetsk regions or ability to travel on regular basis will be considered an asset.
- Fluency inRussian and Ukrainian is required.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit the following application materials to [email protected], referring to this advertisement in the subject line of the message by 10 July 2020:
- Motivation letter with indication of availability (maximum number of hours per week and availability to work on weekends) and all-inclusive fee in UAH for each hour of work.
- Please indicate in your e-mail where you saw this job posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 26.06.2020 to 10.07.2020