USD 19,949 per annum
This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Ukraine.
Closing date for applications:
16-06-2021 at 23:59 UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
Under the supervision of the CSO, the Receptionist / Administrative Assistant’s duties include: receptionist services by managing calls to the mission on behalf of all programs; providing general information to visitors on the Consular program; answering general enquiries in English, Ukrainian and French; ensuring that the reception lobby is in good order; upholding the mission’s security policies on access; providing administrative support services for the common services section; providing documents, information and a variety of administrative services in support of one or more of the following business lines: consular, finance, human resources, property, material management and general services.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Fluency in Ukrainian (oral and written)
• Intermediate proficiency in French (oral and written)
• Minimum of 1 year’s experience working in an office environment as a receptionist or administrative support.
• Experience providing services directly to clients in person, electronically and by telephone
• Experience in using computer software/database including Microsoft Office Suite
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Client focus
• Organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Effective Communication – written and oral
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Fluency in French (oral and written)
• Fluency in Russian (oral and written)
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
• May be required to work outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends)
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
• Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence in the specific city, region or country so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
• Obtain and maintain a reliability rating (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Ukraine, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Kyiv, Ukraine does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies
Important Notes & How to apply:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you heard about this position.
• Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: [email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
• Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Kyiv does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the Embassy of Canada in Kyiv which might arise in the 18 months following the completion of this recruitment process.