UCPW is seeking candidates for a Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology (AT) Technical Advisor for a new five-year USAID-funded project, Learning, Acting and Building for Rehabilitation in Healthy Systems (ReLAB-HS). The Rehabilitation and AT Technical Advisor will coordinate the AT Technical Working Group and all AT center activities. Only candidates with work authorization in Ukraine will be considered; relocation benefits will not be provided.
ReLAB-HS aims to support development of health systems that are responsive to the escalating challenge of addressing the growing needs for rehabilitation within populations. It seeks to co-design and implement innovative, comprehensive, cost-effective interventions that strengthen health systems for provision of rehabilitation including assistive technology. ReLAB-HS will focus on integrating rehabilitation and assistive technology services across all levels of care within health systems. The ReLAB-HS consortium comprises of six international partners with expertise in health systems, implementation science, and delivery innovations.
About UCP Wheels for Humanity:
Founded in 1996, UCP Wheels for Humanity (UCPW) increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. UCP Wheels makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders. Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity-building programs. For more information, visit www.ucpwheels.org
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Rehabilitation and AT Technical Coordinator, the Rehabilitation and AT Technical Advisor will be responsible for performing the following primary tasks:
- Service model design and development
- Coordinate the AT technical working group activities in Ukraine
- Coordinate and support AT formative work, using the ATA-C, rATA, and other relevant tools to assess the AT landscape in Ukraine
- Identify and coordinate private AT suppliers that could be contracted to support the work of the AT service centers
- Coordinate national AT procurement-related workshops
- Design standard operating procedures for service and inventory management in collaboration with AT center management and AT Center SOP & Warehousing Consultant
- Coordinate activities related to the testing and implementation of the primary health care packages
- Coordinate the development, testing and implementation of a tele-rehabilitation service delivery model, including clinical training development and implementation at community-, primary-, and secondary-levels of the health system
- Training and Capacity Building
- Lead or support clinical, technical, and operational AT center trainings as relevant, including WSTP, TAP, and other relevant trainings focused on procurement and inventory management, technical maintenance, repair and refurbishment, and reasonable strategies for private and/or public sector cost subsidy
- Support the development of tele-AT modules
- Support clinical training at the secondary level within the tele-rehab pilot activities
- Lead or support community-, primary-, and secondary-level trainings on the use of the tele-rehab platform, and support integration of AT content into the tele-rehab platform
- Reporting and Liaison
- Provide technical inputs for contractually obligated donor reports; provide information/responses to ad hoc reporting requests from donor or HQ as needed
- Provide technical inputs required for project work plan development
- Participate in UCPW ReLAB team meetings as needed
Minimum Qualifications (mandatory):
- Clinical rehabilitation degree, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, or nursing
- At least 3 years’ experience in physiotherapy or occupational therapy services within an international development context
- Demonstrated experience working on large institutional grants and complex programs
- Familiarity with national health and social service systems for rehabilitation services
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Proven experience leading and/or participating in WSTP and other training packages
- Proven experience taking initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 25% of the time
- Experience providing technical inputs on a USAID-funded program
- Familiarity with ATA-C, rATA, and similar assessments
- Direct experience providing AT
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to [email protected] no later than December 31, 2020. Please include “Application for Rehab and AT Technical Advisor: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
UCP Wheels is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. UCP Wheels encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.