The program “Higher Value Added Trade from the Organic and the Dairy Sector in Ukraine” (www.qftp.org) is a Swiss-Ukrainian cooperation program funded by the Swiss Government with the aim to increase value added trade from the organic and dairy sector, both domestic and export market. For strengthening our DAIRY team in Kyiv, we are seeking for September 2021 or by agreement a
Senior Advisor DAIRY (50%)
who is interested in supporting the establishment of a countrywide raw milk control program (RMCP) with the involvement of the Ministry of Economy, the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection as well as main dairy associations and will work on the following key tasks:
- Providing continuous support for the implementation and monitoring of the RMCP according to the road map through regular exchange with main stakeholders and contact points of competent authorities;
- Working with stakeholders to further develop the Dairy Module IT application for the RMCP;
- Developing standard operating procedures and guidelines for the implementation of the RMCP in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Conducting training activities on analysis and presentation of data in relation to the RMCP;
- Increasing knowledge and awareness among dairy sector service providers and other stakeholders as needed in relation to the RMCP;
- Developing and delivering training and dissemination materials as needed.
Ideally, you have the following profile
- A Master or PhD in veterinary medicine/ animal production and husbandry and/ or milk safety/ milk technology
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in veterinary medicine, and/or animal production and husbandry with experience in official and/or private food safety control systems
- Understanding and knowledge of the Ukrainian dairy sector and international requirements related to milk quality and safety
- Experience in international technical assistance projects is an advantage
- Strong communication and moderation skills and excellent self-organizational skills
- Oral and written fluency in Ukrainian and English
We are offering
- An inspiring working environment and an exciting opportunity for career development
- Possibility to work independently and in teams, with a significant level of personal responsibility
- An opportunity to work with a world-class team of experts in the field of dairy and milk safety
- Contemporary terms of employment and remuneration
- Working place in Kyiv city
For more information about the positions, please contact [email protected]. Please send in English: your detailed CV, a motivation letter, and 2 references with names and contact details to [email protected]. The deadline for submission of applications is 12th of August to [email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.