DAI GLOBAL, LLC, implementer of USAID-funded Financial Sector Transformation Project (FST)
is seeking qualified candidates for the following full time technical position:
Senior Capital and Commodity Markets Expert
Period of Performance: October 2020-July 2021
The USAID-funded Financial Sector Transformation Activity in Ukraine (Ukraine FST) is a five-year activity that aims to transform and stabilize Ukraine’s financial sector. The FST focuses on the following main areas: a) Capital and commodity markets development; b) Leasing finance for small and medium businesses; c) Digital solutions to finance in COVID19 environment; d) Consumer protection for financial services users. The Project is also very active in support of reform of the legal and regulatory framework for non-bank financial institutions.
Specific Tasks include the following:
- Engage in capital and commodity markets research, including cost-benefit analyses, surveys on knowledge, awareness, and behavior of capital and commodity markets participants, analysis of the potential for spot and derivatives markets, analysis of trading venues and issues (multi-asset trading exchange);
- Support efforts to assess and develop a center for multi-asset commodity trading in Ukraine, including examining “model” financial centers that have been developed internationally;
- Analyze potential financial instruments that could be traded on capital and commodity markets in Ukraine;
- Work with consultants for trading software and trading mechanisms (business processes) for the multi-asset trading exchange;
- Support the feasibility study for the creation of a multi-asset commodity and capital markets centre in Ukraine;
- Support the development of appropriate capital and commodity markets trading infrastructure;
- Examine different approaches to attract foreign and local anchor investors to Ukrainian capital and commodity markets, work with sub-contractors for structuring the investments;
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- University degree in business, economics, finance and legal, advanced degree preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of Ukrainian financial sector, minimum ten (10) years’ working experience;
- At least five (5) years of work/professional experience in commodities (agro, energy), investment banking or trading on capital/financial markets;
- Knowledge of international standards and local practice in commodities/financial instruments trading;
- Experience in structuring foreign direct investments;
- Experience of public-private partnership would be an advantage;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Extensive experience with research, writing analytical/assessment reports;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
Reporting: The Senior Capital and Commodity Markets Expert will report to the FST NBFI Team Lead.
- Candidates are asked to submit their CVs and cover letters in English to [email protected] by October 10, 2020, 6 pm Kyiv time, indicating the position title in the subject line of their e-mails.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
The applications will be reviewed and interviews will be held on the rolling basis.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview. No telephone inquiries will be accepted