USAID/Ukraine Energy Security Project
Senior Grants Manager
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID),(1) implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development (2).
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking to fill in the position of Senior Grants Manager to manage overall ESP Grants Program. This position will report to the Procurement and Grants Director. This is a full-time position, based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Manage the grants component of the program;
- Supervise design and management of grants issued under the ESP program, working closely with the Operations Director, Procurement and Grants Director, and COP;
- Provide day-to-day management of all aspects of the grants process, including the design and distribution of grant solicitations, review and selection of grantees, issuance of grant awards and agreements, implementation of the grant activities, and closeout of awards;
- Oversee preparation of calls for proposals (Annual Program Statements, Requests for Application) in coordination with the ESP Technical Leads, Operations Director, Procurement and Grants Director, and COP;
- Provide recommendations for grants management procedures;
- Oversee the work of Grants Evaluation Committee to ensure compliance to rules and procedures;
- Oversee maintaining the grants tracking database and accurate reporting and documentation by grantees to ensure achievement of grant and program results;
- Oversee grants implementation in coordination with the Grants team and Technical Leads;
- Participate in orientation sessions for grantees, if needed;
- Conduct internal and external presentations/workshops/Q&As on application process and grants management;
- Develop and communicate best practices in award compliance to ensure that program staff and grantees understand and adhere to relevant USAID and the grant and subcontract policies;
- Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation;
- Notify the supervisor of any grantee project not able to meet their obligations and work to remedy these situations as they arise;
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Management, Finance, Business Administration, International Relations, or relevant field;
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in grants management;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is a must;
- Prior experience in Finance and Management is strongly preferred;
- Experience with budgeting and budget development; strong financial management skills;
- Understanding of the NGO sector in Ukraine, experience in liaise with representatives of NGOs, authorities, and donor community;
- Familiarity with the Ukrainian Energy Sector is strongly preferred;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong communications and negotiations skills, ability to get things done;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to details and prioritization to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision;
- Fluency in oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
To apply please submit your CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.