Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking a
Senior Investment Officer, Corporate Lending (m/f/d)
- Supporting the development of diversified country strategies and portfolios in the European Neighborhood Region (ENR), including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
- Origination, structuring and negotiation of debt investments to corporate clients, across all aspects of the investment cycle from identification of potential investees, conducting on- and off-site due diligence, structuring investment proposal, to presenting to an investment committee, and monitoring of the outstanding portfolio
- Conducting legal discussions with potential investees, from formulating and drafting initial terms and conditions to supporting the negotiation of complex legal agreements
- Driving the direct lending investment business development and portfolio monitoring to ensure a suitable mix of key metrics (impact, risk, return)
- Internal and external reporting regarding individual transactions and the investment portfolio
- Identifying technical assistance needs for potential investees or market participants, in coordination with the technical assistance team
- Preparing annual business plans, aligned with the investment strategy
- Participating in targeted policy dialogue with relevant stakeholders in the region
- Representing and positioning FiM, including participation in conferences, workshops, etc
What we expect:
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, or a related field
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable
- Relevant experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards
- Professional experience of leading and/or participating in financial transactions through the full project life cycle
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills and ability to design and use financial models
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team and co-operate with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to complete tasks to a high degree of accuracy, under tight timeframes
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral; business fluency in other languages is an advantage
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, also in multicultural contexts
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 50 nationalities who are keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills within an innovative, hands-on company culture
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.