PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As Senior Engineer, you will work with one of the world’s largest social media platform which deals with few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. Contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges, including building/enhancing the frameworks and tools used by other development teams.
Evangelize the best practices among development teams.
Responsible for the quantitative and qualitative results.
We are building a team within an existing client to work onsite at the client’s office in San Francisco and in our office in Vancouver.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtains tasks from TL, prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
• Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
• Provides estimations, agrees task duration with TL and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
• Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
• Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
• Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
• Reports to Team Lead or Project Manager about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
• Responsible for resolving crisis situations within his/her AOR.
• Collaborates with other Senior Engineers in the team on solution of complex tasks.
• Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
• Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
• Provides training for other team members on general product architecture as well as his/her AOR.
• Supervises and coaches newcomers and more junior team members.
• Conducts technical interviews of new candidates.
• Collaborates with other R&D, QA, documentation and globalization teams.
• If required, makes himself available for customer visits and on-site collaboration.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of commercial Java development experience
• 2+ years in projects with large-scale, distributed backend systems
• Strong OOP skills and SOLID understanding
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with MySQL
• Fluent English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
• Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices
• Ability to learn quickly
• Experience working in Agile environment
WOULD BE A PLUS:
• Experience with Async queuing systems like SQS
• Good knowledge of Python
- Please send your CV to or contact us with more questions at [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.