The Senior Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Assistant will work on the implementation of the Operations Livelihoods Strategy, focusing primarily on vocational training and self-reliance grants programs, as well as proactively seeking the economic inclusion opportunities for trainings and employment with the private sector representatives. The incumbent will be working as part of the Protection team which focuses on social assistance programs and integration activities and s/he will be expected to explore opportunities of collaboration with other UNHCR programs such as education, CBI, community engagement, youth work and more.
- Explore partnerships with relevant stakeholders to enhance economic inclusion of UNHCR PoC. This includes working with economic development agencies to adapt their programmes to become inclusive of UNHCR PoC, working with the private sector to enhance inclusion of UNHCR PoC in their labour force and supply chains, working with financial service providers to enhance financial inclusion, and working with public and private sector service providers to include UNHCR PoC in supporting services (business development, micro-finance, training, saving accounts, poverty alleviation and social protection, etc.).
- Support work with the multi-functional team, more specifically with the Protection Unit, to collect information about the legal framework for the right to work and rights at work.
- Support the implementation of socioeconomic and wealth ranking surveys to inform targeting, monitoring and facilitation of the engagement of development programmes.
- In case UNHCR is implementing specific livelihoods activities, work closely with and provide technical assistance on livelihoods interventions to help ensure they are market-based, and that the role of UNHCR has been strategically determined in consideration of its comparative advantage vis-à-vis other partners.
- Prepare field reports and other relevant reports relating to livelihoods and make recommendations for interventions that enhance refugee economic inclusion to the designated officer.
- Provide overall support to the supervisor including assistance in the organization of meetings, workshops and working sessions.
- Organize and participate in workshops, training programmes, monitoring visits and working groups with regards to livelihood programming.
- Draft routine documents, contribute to assessments, and participate in inter-agency meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Job Experience:
Experience in facilitating the economic inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized groups in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, ideally in varied field contexts. Experience in working in partnership with private sector, NGOs, UN organisations, development actors, and government authorities in sub-sectors relevant to livelihood programming e.g. financial inclusion, employment, entrepreneurship, private sector development, local economic development, poverty reduction, agriculture, livestock, vocational and technical education and training, etc.
Knowledge of refugee protection principles and framework. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Language Requirements: English, Russian, Ukrainian
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form and in your cover letter) how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you heard about this position