The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the UK Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the position of a Senior Program Assistant for Parliamentary Program.
About the Parliamentary Program: With the support of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and in close partnership with the European Parliament, NDI is working with the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to strengthen and promote cross-party cooperation, consensus building, coalition building and capacity of parliamentary factions, individual MPs and parliamentary staff.
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of NDI’s parliamentary program activities
- Contribute to the planning and organization of all program-related events: conferences, trainings, workshops, study visits and consultations
- Cultivate and maintain excellent working relationships and communication with program partners from the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- Draft periodic political updates for NDI in Ukraine and NDI’s Headquarters in DC
Contribute to the program budget planning and tracking
- Contribute to the development of different programmatic documents – periodic reports, briefing papers, tender documents, memos, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans
- Undertake other organizational and logistical duties as assigned by the program manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Law, International Relations or a related field
- Two-year experience in a related field or in an international organization
- Solid understanding of the work of the Ukrainian Parliament
- Keen interest in and good understanding of political and civic landscape, as well as government reforms
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing reports and media briefs, developing presentations and different communication materials
- Excellent oral communication skills in Ukrainian and English
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite)
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work both individually and in a team
- Ability to travel within Ukraine and abroad.
- Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in PDF as one file in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position (Senior Parliamentary Program Assistant) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on March 15, 2020. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test and a subsequent interview.