The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence. Its mission is to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation. HD is currently looking for a:
Senior Programme Manager/ Country Manager – Ukraine
Based in Kiev, Ukraine
Starting date: As soon as possible
HD has been working in Ukraine since December 2013 and has established a number of dialogue initiatives aimed at introducing comparative expertise and creative ideas into the official dialogue process, and preventing further polarisation between the conflict parties and their respective constituencies.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Senior Programme Manager/ Country Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Represent HD in meetings with relevant stakeholders – primarily the Government of Ukraine at first, the international community and the local Ukrainian community;
- Convene and facilitate meetings between relevant stakeholders across the line of contact and with senior international officials and experts with a view towards preventing crisis and resolving conflict;
- Lead and engage substantively the operations of the Ukraine team in the field, including conceptualisation, design, allocation of resources, guidance and implementation, on the local, bilateral and multilateral levels;
- Initiate, create and develop new conflict resolution projects in line with HD’s mission;
- Participate in regional conflict resolution initiatives as requested;
- Manage the operational, administrative and human resources aspects of HD’s Ukraine activities, staff and office;
- Liaise closely with the Ukraine team in Geneva and oversee work related to the preparation and facilitation of meetings (Internally and externally);
- Ensure that staffing capacity accords with operational needs;
- Manage the budget of HD’s Ukraine programme in coordination with the finance team;
- Conduct research and analysis for the projects;
- Prepare concept notes, proposals, amendments, and reports to donors and brief them periodically on HD’s work;
- Lead donor fundraisings;
- Maintain the team’s activities on a sound strategic trajectory that aligns with HD’s goals as well as undertakings made to and requirements of donors;
- Advise the Regional Director on all aspects of HD’s activities in Ukraine (such as donor relationships, staffing, and operations).
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 10 years expertise in management of project activities and staff;
- Master’s degree in international relations, humanitarian affairs, mediation or other relevant area;
- Knowledge of and commitment to conflict resolution, as well as political and cultural knowledge of Ukraine and Eastern Europe;
- Excellent ability in drafting reports, developing proposals and fundraising;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Ukrainian;
- Excellent communication skills.
Personality: The successful candidate should be capable of multi-tasking and meet tight deadlines. S/he must be a flexible team player, proactive and have strong social, communication and organisational skills.
- If you are interested in this position and meet the required criteria defined above, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 24 October 2021 to [email protected]. Please indicate “Programme Manager/ Country Manager – Ukraine” in the subject line of your e-mail.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org